Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/08/us/import-ban-on-assault-rifles-becomes-permanent.html?src=pm

Bush signed that one. Clinton signed the Federal Assault Weapons Ban in September 1994.

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/sep/10/nation/na-guns10

There was loads of weeping an moaning from the anti-gun crowd when it expired 10 years later. What we have to watch for now is a back door attempt to get the Senate to approve ratification of the UN Treaty because.... we all need to step up to our responsibilities as "Citizens of the World".

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/09/25/un-arms-treaty-will-be-menace-to-us-for-years-to-come/

John Kerry signed it which creates loads of problems. "Once the U.S. signs a treaty, we hold ourselves bound not to violate the treaty’s “object and purpose.” Obama can use this, refer back to the Gun Control Act of 1968 and the Arms Export Control Act and do some more damage.

I don't trust any of these politicians.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
bigdogdaddy said:
Pardon me if I don't believe just everything he says. ;D

lol I hear ya! That though is definitely going through my head as well. Whether it happens or not still had to be a hard pill for him to swallow. I have 8 grandkids in school and would like to see someone in their schools that can actually shoot back so I am hoping it flies.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Me too. My wife is a teacher and I would prefer an armed person on each floor. Even if it is a teacher that is paid a little extra to go through some training.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
I spend my working life in a school building. Initially, it seemed a good idea to have armed citizens in school buildings. I also thought I would be a volunteer if it came to that.

Now, I'm looking toward the key ingredient of training... requiring a high level of proficiency to carry. Am I trainable? Absolutely yes. Do I have the proficiency to function at a high level in a building filled with very unpredictable children under duress... Not so simple.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
3Coyotes said:
I spend my working life in a school building. Initially, it seemed a good idea to have armed citizens in school buildings. I also thought I would be a volunteer if it came to that.

Now, I'm looking toward the key ingredient of training... requiring a high level of proficiency to carry. Am I trainable? Absolutely yes. Do I have the proficiency to function at a high level in a building filled with very unpredictable children under duress... Not so simple.

So true, besides let someone who wants to be in law enforcement handle the guns in schools, good teachers are hard to replace. :D