NY should limit people to 2-pack beer

Faktory 47
R

rayzer007

Just thought of this.
To stop all the drunk driving, New York State should limit beer to 2 packs. No more 6 pack, 8 pack, 12 pack, or 24 in a case. Limit one to a customer. That should solve the problem shouldn't it?

Ray

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
If we are going to rant, can we also test people on the government teat for cell phones, tobacco, alcohol, steak, cable television, and unprotected sex? Should I go on? I have more.

The government seems to have plenty of time to take away my 2nd Amendment rights and take away my money. Maybe they could find time for some testing.

OK. I have taken a deep breath and counted to 10.

M

mukwah

bigdogdaddy said:
If we are going to rant, can we also test people on the government teat for cell phones, tobacco, alcohol, steak, cable television, and unprotected sex? Should I go on? I have more.

The government seems to have plenty of time to take away my 2nd Amendment rights and take away my money. Maybe they could find time for some testing.

OK. I have taken a deep breath and counted to 10.
BDD,you forgot the 10 jumping jacks and 25push-ups!

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
rayzer007 said:
To stop all the drunk driving, New York State should limit beer to 2 packs. No more 6 pack, 8 pack, 12 pack, or 24 in a case. Limit one to a customer. That should solve the problem shouldn't it?
Yup.

We could also think about rationing pretzels, chips, and hot dogs to help folks lose a little weight. ::)

R

rayzer007

SkipD said:
We could also think about rationing pretzels, chips, and hot dogs to help folks lose a little weight. ::)

They tried that with the outlawing of "Big Gulp" softdrink cups in NYC! Amazing times ...

Ray

millsriver

Hunter
Jun 21, 2012
North Carolina
I once worked for a company that had a free fitness center for its employees. A great benefit. The manager was an ex college football coach. He told the employees that gathered for the opening of the center that we all should.... "watch what you eat, don't drink alcohol, don't drive fast, don't smoke and be very careful with your sex life.. then, even if you don't live to be 100, it will feel like it!"

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
millsriver said:
I once worked for a company that had a free fitness center for its employees. A great benefit. The manager was an ex college football coach. He told the employees that gathered for the opening of the center that we all should.... "watch what you eat, don't drink alcohol, don't drive fast, don't smoke and be very careful with your sex life.. then, even if you don't live to be 100, it will feel like it!"
Thank God he wasn't the mayor of New York City. I'm of the opinion that when we were young discipline was imposed upon us by our parents out of fear. As we grew older and went out into the world there were laws that kept us in line. As we grow old it's wisdom that drives us to more disciplined in the choices we make in life.

When a politician starts banning certain things from my menu because of his personal preferences that smacks of tyranny to my way of thinking. I watch what I eat by personal choice. I indulge in a couple shots of good whisky on occasion but don't over do it. I grew out of that lead foot I had as a young fellow, but still keep a 4.41 V-8 to be able to punch my way out of harms way. I have cut back on my smoking. As far as a sex life goes, I have a rather understanding girlfriend who I enjoy seeing a couple times a week. I don't know if any of that will preclude me from living to be a 100 years old but I assure you I will go, having enjoyed the ride through life.

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
I was in NYC last week enjoying a raccoon dog and a Big Gulp. The mayor walked by and got furious. First, because of the extra large soda. Second, because the raccoon was deep-fried in lard. Third, because I was shaking a ton of salt on it. I must say it was delicious. I informed the mayor that I was a member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) and everything was okay.

Ray is absolutely right. These are amazing times we are living in.

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
Sarge.....Sorry I missed you at the raccoon dog and a Big Gulp party..... :'(

I had to leave early because the mayor got a little mad at me.....

When he came by to say hello I ask him if he new how to skin a rabbit.....

He said with a snarl.....Just how do you think I got in office...... :eek: :eek: :eek: