NRA sponsors Nascar race

Howard Law

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
OK.....Here it is.....What do you all think about this move the NRA is doing.... :-\

I would like to see the NRA use the money fighting for our rights.....BUT

However......Maybe this is one way to do it........

Many Anti-Gunners are really upset about it and may boycot the Nascar Race.... :eek:

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
I hate to comment on the NRA. Any organization that has Ted Nugent, diaper boy, as a spokesman will not get my support.

On the other hand, I pray to the 8 pound 6 ounce Baby Jesus that Wonder Bread will sponser a car, goin' 'round the track in a golden fleece fire suit, omnipotently knowin' when to bump, draft or pass, when to pit, 2 tires or 4, and if there's enough fuel to make it to heaven, uh, the finish line. Amen.

Silverfox1

Hunter
Jun 10, 2012
Louisville, KY
Verticoli said:
I hate to comment on the NRA. Any organization that has Ted Nugent, diaper boy, as a spokesman will not get my support.
The NRA, my family, and my friends all do things on occasion that **** me off. I try to look for the positive they do. I believe that the NRA is the best game in town for protecting our rights, but if there were a good alternative, I'd have to take a good hard look at it. I think the NRA and NASCAR are a good fit and could attract more members and dollars to the cause. After all NASCAR fans already spend a fortune on races.

Verticoli

Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
Silverfox1 said:
Verticoli said:
The NRA, my family, and my friends all do things on occasion that **** me off. I try to look for the positive they do. I beleive that the NRA is the best game in town for protecting our rights, but if there were a good alternative, I'd have to take a good hard look at it. I think the NRA and NASCAR are a good fit and could attract more members and dollars to the cause. After all NASCAR fans already spend a fortune on races.

OK, what has TN done that's positive for me? Remember, I read his 1977 interview and believed it when I was a teenager. I'm still waiting for his arrest or death after the reelection.

No disrespect to the forum or any members, but there are 2 media people I can't abide and TN is one.

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
Verticoli said:

On the other hand, I pray to the 8 pound 6 ounce Baby Jesus that Wonder Bread will sponser a car, goin' 'round the track in a golden fleece fire suit, omnipotently knowin' when to bump, draft or pass, when to pit, 2 tires or 4, and if there's enough fuel to make it to heaven, uh, the finish line. Amen.

That was great Vert! :)

Silverfox1

Hunter
Jun 10, 2012
Louisville, KY
Verticoli said:
Silverfox1 said:
Verticoli said:
The NRA, my family, and my friends all do things on occasion that **** me off. I try to look for the positive they do. I beleive that the NRA is the best game in town for protecting our rights, but if there were a good alternative, I'd have to take a good hard look at it. I think the NRA and NASCAR are a good fit and could attract more members and dollars to the cause. After all NASCAR fans already spend a fortune on races.

OK, what has TN done that's positive for me? Remember, I read his 1977 interview and believed it when I was a teenager. I'm still waiting for his arrest or death after the reelection.

No disrespect to the forum or any members, but there are 2 media people I can't abide and TN is one.
I wouldn't try to convert anyone into a TN fan and I'm not one myself. I'm just saying I'm not going to disown the NRA because they've chosen to embrace TN. There's lots the NRA says and does I disagree with, but I think our rights would be further enfrigened upon if they weren't there to fight for us. I don't have a problem with anyone having a different opinion. In fact, there have been times that I seriously considered not renewing myself.

D

Denny4kids

The NRA is sponsoring a race that typically awards the Driver that wins the pole position a special rifle and the race winner a pair of matching 6 guns. I think it is a great way for the NRA to reach millions of viewers. Their commercials should be a great way to show the public what is going on.

TN is a nut! So am I! We should be glad he is on our side. I love watching his interviews with gun grabbers. He can out talk the best of them. Den

gunjunkie

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Texas Panhandle
Denny4kids said:
The NRA is sponsoring a race that typically awards the Driver that wins the pole position a special rifle and the race winner a pair of matching 6 guns. I think it is a great way for the NRA to reach millions of viewers. Their commercials should be a great way to show the public what is going on.

TN is a nut! So am I! We should be glad he is on our side. I love watching his interviews with gun grabbers. He can out talk the best of them. Den
My thoughts exactly. I'd love to see the Motor City Madman show up in Fort Worth this year.

Verticoli

Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
gunjunkie said:
Denny4kids said:

My thoughts exactly. I'd love to see the Motor City Madman show up in Fort Worth this year.

Haven't you heard? He'll be in jail or dead. If you respect this guy, count off. I think he's a stupid chicken hawk. NRA, not one red cent from my cold dead hand
"I Will Be Dead Or In Jail" If Obama Is Re-Elected" Ted Nugent Threatens Obama

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
I am a little disappointed in you Vert. Not because you are down on uncle Ted, but because you used the Ed Schultz show for ammo. Nugent is a genuine American hero compared to Ed.

Verticoli

Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
bigdogdaddy said:
I am a little disappointed in you Vert. Not because you are down on uncle Ted, but because you used the Ed Schultz show for ammo. Nugent is a genuine American hero compared to Ed.

I wanted to show him calling that guy out and a lot of the other vids are censored. That whole, "What are you laughing at. I'm serious!"

I don't even know who the blow hard in that clip was and don't care.

OK, TN is from the north and I'm from Eastern Tennessee. In East Tn., when a man says something like that, you shut up and see what happens. If it's just hot air from between the nose and chin, everybody up and down the valley knows your word ain't worth spit. Maybe in the north, where TN's from, it's another story. Don't know but I'll never honor any man who's words are just words and not backed up with honor.

You guys may not get it, I don't know. Being a man is more to me than blowing hot air that means nothing out of my hole 'twix my nose and chin. I am not a woman. I am not a child. I am a man. I have a sense of pride. My word is my honor and I honor my word or break my back trying.

A genuine American hero? OK, what has he done that you hold in high esteem? I'll take back everything I just said if there's honor in TN's history and I'll make a nice donation to the forum.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Verticoli said:
A genuine American hero? OK, what has he done that you hold in high esteem? I'll take back everything I just said if there's honor in TN's history and I'll make a nice donation to the forum.

You may have missed my point Vert. Ted Nugent may have dodged the draft over 4 decades ago. Ed Schultz definitely goes against just about everything I believe in on a daily basis on his radio show. My point was Ed Schultz is not my cup of tea.....to put it lightly.

Now, how about the idea of Nascar having a race with a big time NRA sponsorship?