Noveske Gen 1 lower - Crap

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Well, I picked up a Noveske Gen 1 lower (not a chainsaw one) and its crap IMHO.

The front pivot pin hole was undersized/slightly misaligned (probably partly from the anodizing) and the front trigger pin hole tabs were too large (BCM trigger guard would not fit without filing, nor would a magpul). I checked it on 3 other lowers without an issue.

Anyways, I used a 1/4 drill bit to cleanup the front pivot pin hole so it would actually go in without needing a hammer.

Guess I pretty much only get the crap of the "high end" stuff lately. Pretty annoying. I got the lower together and no one would be able to tell it had issues, but still. What the fuck...

On a side note, the FCG pin holes were perfectly tight without any play or being to small which was nice I suppose. Not worth the money though.

On to an upper eventually. Hopefully that doesn't turn into a crap project as well...lol

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
Yep, I have 3 of those that went together just fine. This Noveske sucks ass though. It is what it is though.

I bought my first Spikes lower this week on an impulse buy. It's the first non-cheap lower I've ever bought. It's not near what the noveske costs, but I hope I don't have any issues.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
I bought my first Spikes lower this week on an impulse buy. It's the first non-cheap lower I've ever bought. It's not near what the noveske costs, but I hope I don't have any issues.
My first eve build was with a Spikes. Went together great. The only major difference I see across lowers are how the mag wells are beveled. The Anderson are the worst I have seen. Noveske actually does a nice wide one. Spikes and PSA are about the same medium bevel. I wouldn't be worried about issues with a Spikes. I have not had an issue assembling a Spikes yet.

Reactions: freedom

KGmade

Frontiersman
Apr 14, 2016
Marietta, Ga
kgmade.net
Zip code
My first eve build was with a Spikes. Went together great. The only major difference I see across lowers are how the mag wells are beveled. The Anderson are the worst I have seen. Noveske actually does a nice wide one. Spikes and PSA are about the same medium bevel. I wouldn't be worried about issues with a Spikes. I have not had an issue assembling a Spikes yet.
The magwell is my only gripe with Andersons. I wish they would bevel them more

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Damn thAt sucks. And right after the KAC ordeal. On another note, I had no issues with mine. Same thing, N4 gen 1. Even SBR'd it.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Damn thAt sucks. And right after the KAC ordeal. On another note, I had no issues with mine. Same thing, N4 gen 1. Even SBR'd it.
Lucky...lol

I think I just have this type of luck. Yeah, the KAC thing sucked, and then this. I think I will still continue the Noveske build, but this is not starting off on the right foot.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
You are about to be site's CS go-to. Have you called Noveske?
Lol, no. Not yet. I was able to work around it and ream the take down pin hole myself. I also filed the trigger guard some and it finally installed. Again, no one could tell what I did, but I know I had to do it, so...It kind of sucks

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Lol, no. Not yet. I was able to work around it and ream the take down pin hole myself. I also filed the trigger guard some and it finally installed. Again, no one could tell what I did, but I know I had to do it, so...It kind of sucks
Certainly a pain in the ass when you think that your buying a top of the line product - and your wallet knows you are.

Reactions: Wallace

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
yeah that blows given what it costs.

better to just buy the Anderson lower and put a noveske logo sticker over that horse.

Kaotiktribe

Frontiersman
Jul 5, 2015
Kennesaw
Zip code
No issues with any of my Noveske lowers. Beats the roll mark on some of these other lowers and dependig on when you bought it the price may not have been "high end" pricing.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
No issues with any of my Noveske lowers. Beats the roll mark on some of these other lowers and dependig on when you bought it the price may not have been "high end" pricing.
I got it from SR Armory, so it was pretty cheap. Still aggravating that I have this crap luck.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I've been saying this for a while about the Gen 1 Noveske lowers. I'll never buy another after a similar experience a couple of years ago. And I've seen similar reports all over the Internet. I bought a chainsaw lower. Every single damn hole in that lower was undersized. Every. One. Geissele FCG pins would not even start into the lower. Not to mention that it was also the roughest blem lower I'd ever seen. It was awful. I sent it back to Noveske. Explaining that I was using a Geissele trigger and Battle Arms selector lever. They said they'd double check the replacement with the same parts before shipping. The replacement was better cosmetically, but had the exact same problems. This was after John died. The company has been on a steady downhill track since then. Their barrels seem to be as good as they used to be, but they are a bit overgassed. The rest is just, meh. Noveske hasn't adjusted pricing according to the market and these days, you really are just paying a premium for the iron cross roll mark.

Reactions: Wallace