Faktory 47

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414524288.247662.jpg

So let me preface, I am a Glock fan. Some may say a fanboy. I've been to the Glock US HQ's, been a member of GSSF and have officially drank the Glock Perfection Kool-aide. So with that out of the way, here's my review of my Glock 19 g4.

The Glock 19 gen4 is my primary every day carry weapon. It is on my side everytime I wake up and put on my pants. When I go to sleep, it's by my bed side. I am basically married to this weapon and care for it as such. When I am forced to leave it behind due to legal restrictions of carrying (airports, Federal Buildings, etc.), I feel naked...kind of like when you leave the house and forget your cellphone at home.

I've trained with this weapon, taking NRA handgun classes, Tactical Response Fighting Pistol class and various other handgun training classes at my local range. I've put well over a thousand rounds through this gun without cleaning and without a single failure to feed, failure to eject or stove pipe that wasn't manually manufactured (failures created by me for training purposes). I've thrown this gun to the ground on gravel and dirt, picked it up and fired it without any issues. I've fired it in the rain and yet no malfunctions.

This gun is completely stock with the exception of XS 24/7 Big Dot sites and a Pachmyer Grip Glove. When training I typically shoot Fiocchi 124g FMJ's, American Eagle or CCI Blazers; whichever is the cheapest at the time. When I clean my Glock, I use Breakthrough Military Grade Cleaner and a couple very small drops of Breakthrough's Purity Oil on the contact points. Cleaning the gun, like all Glocks are extremely easy and quick.

The grip on a Glock is something that is often debated and criticized. I personally like the grip of a Glock. Maybe it's because I am used to the grip angle. However I have found that the grip and design allows for a lower bore angle in context to my arm thus provide less muzzle flip and better sight acquisition. I added the Pachmyer Grip Glove to add additional comfort and grip.

The trigger is also one of the most criticized part of a Glock and that is something that I do believe Glock could improve upon. I've trained so much with this Glock that I have memorized the trigger pull and trigger reset. However when I shoot my 1911, the trigger reminds me why 1911's are such sweet shooters.

The Glock 19 is not a snappy shooter. I've owned nearly every Glock (minus the 10mm, 45GAP and the 380 cal Glocks) and the Glock 19 is the second best shooting Glock I've owned, the Glock 21 (45acp) being the sweetest shooting Glock. The Glock 19 however is lighter, carries more ammunition and is cheaper to shoot than it's 45acp counterparts. In fact the Glock 19 took the place of my Glock 30SF as my every day carry weapon for those very reasons.

I would highly recommend trying out a Glock 19 as an everyday carry weapon for both men and women. My wife who is petite and not a regular shooter has shot it and has not had an issue with recoil, muzzle rise or accuracy.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
19 is also my wife's fav gun to shoot. More manageable than the subcompacts women think they will like better.

Reactions: shootin4fun

DMR

CZ Fan
Jun 4, 2015
Snellville
Zip code
dafuq.gif

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
It's good enough for Mat Best (and a shit ton of other SOF and PMC homies)

Reactions: Righter13

TattooedGunner

Frontiersman
Mar 31, 2015
Cedartown, GA
Zip code
That rubber grip sure does look thick. Adding thickness to an already thick gun. Have you tried the talon grips or other adhesive grips?

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
That rubber grip sure does look thick. Adding thickness to an already thick gun. Have you tried the talon grips or other adhesive grips?

I was about to say the same thing. I love the Talon Grips that I have on several of my pistols.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
My G19 is my wife's favorite gun as well. She had never shot before we got together. It was the first centerfire gun she had ever shot. She was terrified of recoil, but immediately fell in love. Amazing guns that won't quit. Mud, water, dirt, grime, cow shit (don't ask), doesn't matter.

Reactions: Leshaire

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I have the Glock 37 for both my wife and I. A very nice shooting gun although not my EDC due to size. Wife has opted for Glock 43 for EDC and loves it. I ran the 37 at a pistol class and the 2x4 comp at the Macon M&G last year. It is a great range gun. I just never tried to get the compact version. I have to appendix carry due to shoulder problems which prevents me from carrying a larger frame gun. I just recently switched from a Sig P290SF to a Sig 938 in 9mm. The 938 is a great gun and good shooter. Works great for my EDC. I still have love for the Glock.

Sublimebeer

MAKE GUN FORUMS GREAT AGAIN
Mar 25, 2015
East Cobb Ga
Zip code
I read this good review while holding my G26, and also my wife's g42. I don't want to sound like a queer or nothing, but I'm carrying her 42 more this summer.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I read this good review while holding my G26, and also my wife's g42. I don't want to sound like a queer or nothing, but I'm carrying her 42 more this summer.

I carry my 43 during the summer and a good part of the winter. It's just so easy and convenient to carry. I also like my 43 because it's accurate enough for me that I feel more confident with it than a pocket gun like a LCP while still small enough that I can conceal it under anything. When I can get away with OWB carry is about the only time I carry my 19 anymore.

Sublimebeer

MAKE GUN FORUMS GREAT AGAIN
Mar 25, 2015
East Cobb Ga
Zip code
I carry my 43 during the summer and a good part of the winter. It's just so easy and convenient to carry. I also like my 43 because it's accurate enough for me that I feel more confident with it than a pocket gun like a LCP while still small enough that I can conceal it under anything. When I can get away with OWB carry is about the only time I carry my 19 anymore.

We are the same person.

Reactions: AtlMedic