No good deed goes unpunished.

American Revival Apparel Company
R

rayzer007

This is exactly what I was referring to in another post, when I mentioned Massachusetts is pushing for legislation to require gun owners to have liability insurance in case someone gets "hurt" with their gun.
To save my life, I'd shoot; to save the life of an imbecile like this .... probably not.

Ray

BubbaDX

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
St. Louis, MO
From the article it sounds like the perp charged at him before he pulled the trigger making it more about self defense than saving that nitwit. I hope things work out for him.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
LOL. An interesting story. I doubt it will ever make it into court.

Thanks for posting the story.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Of course the plan is to sue the big fish, Kroger, and the small fish, employee, and then hope they both settle for the max their insurance is worth and then the case never goes to court. Lawyer and "lady" split the money, which will no doubt ease her distress. I sincerely hope that the lady is completely ran out of town by an angry mob with pitch forks and torches. Think Frankenstein and the windmill scene. I hope the mob catches the attorney.

R

rayzer007

BubbaDX said:
From the article it sounds like the perp charged at him before he pulled the trigger making it more about self defense than saving that nitwit. I hope things work out for him.

Yes, I agree Bubba. I was thinking more about the ramifications of intervening in a situation (not this particular one) where it's strictly someone else that is being threatened. It's a tough call whether or not to put yourself in legal jeopardy for another's benefit, knowing that the one you intervened in behalf of can turn on you. I didn't make that clear in my post, sorry. Of course, one would probably not know this beforehand. Maybe they'd give you an award; maybe they'd try to hang you. I usually bet on the hanging choice. Your thread title says it all!

Ray

millsriver

Hunter
Jun 21, 2012
North Carolina
The woman who is suing is an employee. She should be limited to Worker's Compensation and unable to sue her employer. In a sane world, but not MA; in MA they need to worry.