Night Vision Recomendations

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I'm looking for recommendations for night vision. I was told anything prior to 3rd generation is a waste of money.

Anyone have any experience with any?

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I took a PAS-13 class about a year ago, great class, we fired it on M16's and M240B & 50 cal guns. Pretty good sight, but, I'm sure a pricey optic... We made shots from 300 meters w/ a M16 and up to 500 meters with the 50 cal. Also remember that they are rated for different weapons, a m16 sight will will be ruined if you put it on a .50 cal HBMG... (not a problem you will encounter BTW...) If you have the $$$, a PAS-13 is hard to beat. IMHO.

Evil 1

Frontiersman
May 11, 2015
Everywhere
My Armasight has been good to me.Stay clear from ATN unless you drop over 1k .They dont have anything worth a fuck especially that new ATN day/nite scope sucks ass.Went thru 4 of them all had faults.Have a thermal the wifes getting me for Xmas.

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
My Armasight has been good to me.Stay clear from ATN unless you drop over 1k .They dont have anything worth a fuck especially that new ATN day/nite scope sucks ass.Went thru 4 of them all had faults.Have a thermal the wifes getting me for Xmas.
You lucky Dog!

Tywest

Scout
Nov 16, 2015
Douglas
Dougie, shoot me a pm tomorrow as a reminder and ill give you my cell. I can go over some options and get you a very nice low hours, refurb gen3 pvs14 or at least steer you in the direction you need to go.

For starters though its all about resolution from gen2 through the many gen3 variations.

Tywest

Scout
Nov 16, 2015
Douglas
I went single pvs14, then duals, now on a pvs7 but im thinking i might want a mod3 setup because of my eye spacing. OHH!! And ive been through tons of helmets and have found a sweet one that is cheeeeeeeep.........actual some good stuff in the airsoft world.

rpetras1

Scout
Nov 7, 2016
East Cobb, GA
Zip code
I might be able to help. I have a Gen 3 PVS-14 and have ran a lot of different setups. My first advice is that if you're going to buy NV, BUY NV! Cry once. The only way to go IMHO is a pinnacle gen 3 autogated tube. What specific questions do you have?

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I want some NV so bad, I really hope that someone comes out with an affordable quality unit, the technology is old enough that it should happen.

rpetras1

Scout
Nov 7, 2016
East Cobb, GA
Zip code
I want some NV so bad, I really hope that someone comes out with an affordable quality unit, the technology is old enough that it should happen.

It will, just a matter of time. What price point are you thinking would work for you? I've seen some pretty decent options lately that I would have considered if I didn't have one already. I REALLY want to switch to dual tubes....but the prices on those units is a tough pill to swallow. I can justify the cost on my NV as I use them A LOT!

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I'm looking for recommendations for night vision. I was told anything prior to 3rd generation is a waste of money.

Anyone have any experience with any?
I agree. I had a Gen III ITT monocular back in 2004ish and it was good enough to drive 55 mph on backwoods gravel roads at midnight in Nebraska with the lights off, and shoot coyotes using a pistol at bow range. I demo'd a GenI and II and they were miles behind, not worth the reduction in price. I would have rather had nothing than gen1 or 2.

If you want decent NV you need to shell out a bit of cash.

Reactions: dougiemac

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
It will, just a matter of time. What price point are you thinking would work for you? I've seen some pretty decent options lately that I would have considered if I didn't have one already. I REALLY want to switch to dual tubes....but the prices on those units is a tough pill to swallow. I can justify the cost on my NV as I use them A LOT!
I don't know how realistic it is. I would like a $5-600 monocular that is shock and water resistant enough to be reliable for hunting and possibly HD use. I would like reasonable battery life and be able to be worn with a strap or a helmet mount.

I understand a dual tube system would be much more though.

rpetras1

Scout
Nov 7, 2016
East Cobb, GA
Zip code
I don't know how realistic it is. I would like a $5-600 monocular that is shock and water resistant enough to be reliable for hunting and possibly HD use. I would like reasonable battery life and be able to be worn with a strap or a helmet mount.

I understand a dual tube system would be much more though.

This is the unit I have. Just do your research and pay the price. There are "PVS-14's" out there that I wouldn't buy; they could be using inferior tubes or whatever. If you're not informed, you could easily be duped. Don't be duped.

https://tnvc.com/shop/pvs-14-night-enforcer-gen3-pinnacle-night-vision-monocular/

KGmade

Frontiersman
Apr 14, 2016
Marietta, Ga
kgmade.net
Zip code
I got to shoot with a a white phosphorus pvs14 sunday night. I was very impressed with how well the system worked and how easy it was to hit steel with an IR laser. They are super expensive though

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
This is the unit I have. Just do your research and pay the price. There are "PVS-14's" out there that I wouldn't buy; they could be using inferior tubes or whatever. If you're not informed, you could easily be duped. Don't be duped.

https://tnvc.com/shop/pvs-14-night-enforcer-gen3-pinnacle-night-vision-monocular/

And that's the issue with it. 4K will buy me a four wheeler that I would get a lot more use out of. NV is cool and has practical uses for sure, but that is a lot of money for something I would only use a handful of times a year.

Like I said, when there are quality units under 1k I will probably get one but till then it's too much of a luxury item.