New Smith & Wesson M&P BODYGUARD .380

GA Firing Line

Shootinbil

Hunter
May 13, 2013
Indiana
I have one and I really like it. This is a very accurate gun. I also found out it's very easy shoot. If you want to go to my YouTube channel I have a couple videos on it.

Sent from My Compound
My Youtube Channel
www.youtube.com/shootinbil

R

RogueLCP

From looking at your videos, it looks like yours is the original Bodyguard 380. The M&P Bodyguard 380 is a new version without a built in laser. Enjoyed your videos!

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Looks like the original without the laser. I never was fond of the ioriginal as I don't like having to find the button for the laser. Prefer CT products with laser in the grip, if I wanted a laser on a gun. For the record I don't want any laser on my guns.

warbird1

Hunter
Dec 12, 2013
Heart of Dixie
I've been debating the need for lasers (for me). I don't need one for EDC but I'm considering one for my bedroom gun for when it's dark thru the house and I'm just waking up and having a hard time focusing. I don't know the answer to that one yet.

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
warbird1 said:
I've been debating the need for lasers (for me). I don't need one for EDC but I'm considering one for my bedroom gun for when it's dark thru the house and I'm just waking up and having a hard time focusing. I don't know the answer to that one yet.

Good point........I think it would work great as a bedroom gun when things go bump in the night.... 8)

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
warbird1 said:
In my opinion, you need to concentrate on getting some adequate lighting to go along with your weapons. The most important thing to me in a confrontation in my home would be identification of the "target".

I doubt that I would ever choose to shoot at an unidentified target. Once the target is reliably identified, I doubt that any sighting tools (sights or laser) would be necessary if the weapon points well at the short distances in my home. My pistols all fit my hands in such a way that using point-shooting techniques at in-home distances works very well.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
warbird1 said:

Do you have a monitored house alarm?

dave shady

Scout
May 14, 2014
United States
I have one of the first rounds of BG 380's and went thru 2 lasers before it was
correct. Love the gun. I wish it had a tritium front sight is all. The new model
looks good. reliable lil gun.