New Remora Micro holster

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Has anyone tried out the new Micro by Remora? I am also interested in the Remora Strips that he offers. Maybe able to do my own design with those.

R

rayzer007

I've got one winging it's way to me Dave; might be in today. I'll post a report once it's in!

Ray

R

rayzer007

davevabch said:
Great! I think I saw where you will get a free magazine holster.

Thanks

Correct Dave! I am also getting one of the new leather-lined full sweatshield's for my LCP (supposed to be thinner)! I like the Remora line; got a bunch already! I use the full sweatshield model usually; have them for the Kahr 9 and Combat Commander (that one is HUGE, but VERY comfy). The style with the attached mag pouch/speed strip is a nice model too (perfect for the snubbies)!

Ray

Silverfox1

Hunter
Jun 10, 2012
Louisville, KY
I love my Remora IWB holster. It looks to me that the Micro is being marketed to those who fear a holster without a clip. Is there more to it? As it is, I just don't see a need for it as I'm happy with what I have and I also have a Tuckable Remora I can wear with or without the clip.

Silverfox1

Hunter
Jun 10, 2012
Louisville, KY
Silverfox1 said:
I love my Remora IWB holster. It looks to me that the Micro is being marketed to those who fear a holster without a clip. Is there more to it? As it is, I just don't see a need for it as I'm happy with what I have and I also have a Tuckable Remora I can wear with or without the clip.
Just to clarify my earlier statements. I think it's smart marketing on the part of Remora to introduce the Micro holster with the clip. I know many, including myself, that were hesitant to trust a holster without a clip. It took me well over a year to decide to try it, but I'm so glad I did!

mayonardo

What Would Paladin Do?
Now, I'm not taking credit for this. But, a while back I sent some info to Alan regarding the usefulness of a clip for certain styles of carry. I like cross draw and I like Remoras. If I wear a Remora in the strong side position (like I'm doing right now with my SR9c) it conceals fine and stays in place. However, at the cross draw spot,which is like a body hinge between the upper trunk and hips, imparting a lot of forces on the holster there during normal activities, it tends to move around and shift position a bit. I suggested he consider a clip or loop for holsters worn cross draw or appendix. I haven't seen it yet, and hopefully will get to review one soon.

I do have the leather lined, sweat shield version for my LC9. Great holster. Keeps it shape well, easy on the draw and thinner.

Mayonardo
iPad & Tapatalk

R

rayzer007

My new Remoras came in! The LCP full sweatshield & leather lined is very nice. Last summer I had the LCP on all day IWB, and that's when decided to go with the full sweatshield - much more comfy with the whole grip covered. As I previously mentioned, I use the full sweatshield design for the Kahr 9 and Combat Commander also.The leather interior makes for a smooth, quick draw, and it is a bit thinner than the regular style.

The new Micro design is also a welcome addition (looks like Alan owes Mayo a kudos on that design suggestion). I got it for the S&W 442. It'll work for righties or lefties as there is a snap on both sides for the clip and spare cover snap for the off side. The clip swivels freely allowing any cant from 0 to +-90', a very nice improvement over standard fixed-clip holsters. As Mayo mentioned, the swivel will make it work extremely well in a cross draw position. The Micro holster itself is very small and covers about 2/3 of the trigger guard allowing a full master grip. Remoras are great holsters with many designs to fill every need (ankle, IWB, OWB, pocket, and mag pouch attached); best bang for the buck in the holster business. If I can get the posting picture thing down, I'll show my collection; it rivals Mayo's and Hickok 45's. Sorry about no pix, I still can't get this PhotoBucket thing down. The Remoraholster.com site has pictures of everything though.

Ray

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Ray, what is the very thinnest holster by Remora? I have two that have the reinforced top and I wish I had not bought them. They are just to think and hard. Is the leather the best way to go? I read that it is thinner than the others, and I think you commented on this as well. So you like the full sweat shield the best. On of my favorite holsters is the High Noon tuckable. It is very small and as ultra thin leather. I'm thinking of ordering some of the Remora strips and using it on the High Noon and making my own "Micro Holster".

iBy the way, thanks for the link for the Fathers day discount. I have not made up my mind yet as to what Remora I will get.

Dave

R

rayzer007

davevabch said:
Ray, what is the very thinnest holster by Remora? I have two that have the reinforced top and I wish I had not bought them. They are just to think and hard. Is the leather the best way to go? I read that it is thinner than the others, and I think you commented on this as well. So you like the full sweat shield the best. On of my favorite holsters is the High Noon tuckable. It is very small and as ultra thin leather. I'm thinking of ordering some of the Remora strips and using it on the High Noon and making my own "Micro Holster".
Dave here is my honest evaluation:
I also do not like the reinforced top model at all; I think they are more for a cop who needs to reholster frequently; I thought it was very uncomfortable.
The new model with the leather interior (IWB) is a tad thinner than the original, but not by much. It will therefore be a little less cushiony against the body. I wanted to try it (cause it's a new model!) with a full sweatshield for the LCP for summer wear, as the grip bothers me if not covered during long, hot carries.
For front pocket carry (LCP) the Desantis Nemesis is thinnest/smallest.
I do like the Remora full sweatshield, but in the regular (softer/thicker) model for all my guns larger than the LCP. It does make you draw a bit more deliberately. I wouldn't get the leather option on the larger guns, as it is a bit stiffer (initially at least, maybe after a season of break-in it will be very soft), and I like the padding on the regular model.
The Micro is Remora's smallest holster, I got it for the S&W snubbies, as their grips don't seem to bother me like the semi autos do (IWB).
You could probably come up with a winner if you made your own setup with the Remora strips. Holster style and fit/comfort are extremely individualistic; "one man's poison is another man's cake" type of thing; that's why Alan makes so many different models.
If you have any further questions I'll be happy to give you my input, seeing as I have acquired many Remoras (IWB/pocket, OWB, mag attached, etc.) over the years for all my guns.
Hope this helped!

Ray

mayonardo

What Would Paladin Do?
I have two leather lined Remoras: one for the LC9 with partial sweat shield, and one for the LCP, no shield but with an attached mag pouch.

I like the leather lined for the LC9. It's thinner, retains it shape without being too ridged and is comfy for me.

I love the LCP holster with attached mag pouch. More width (added by the pouch) makes it more stable, comfortable and solid. In fact, I can get to the extra mag as easily (if not more so) with my non-shooting hand than I can if the mag is store on my weak side. I explain my reasoning for this in my latest blog post.

http://sdcarry.blogspot.com

I'm looking to get a couple of Micro holsters from Remora to fit laser-equipped pistols. I like the idea of a clip and a small holster.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
My Remora Micro came in today and a really like it, I have two similar holsters that are nylon with a static belt clip so I kind of new I was going to be happy with the Micro. The Micro had the swivel snap on belt clip plus the non slip material which makes it a winner for me. I wore it inside the pants for 3 hours today and it was very comfortable, I am wearing my joggers now with the Mini clipped on to it (I always carry at home) and it stays put. I think I may get one for SR9c. Here is a link with a few pictures. The Remora Mini for a Taurus M605 .357 Magnum