New Guns for 2017

American Revival Apparel Company

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
I have had good luck with quality 1911 mags, Chip McMorick, Colt, Wilson Combat. However there is no way I am paying more than Glock price for a polymer pistol.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I have had good luck with quality 1911 mags, Chip McMorick, Colt, Wilson Combat. However there is no way I am paying more than Glock price for a polymer pistol.

The only 9mm 1911 mags that I have had luck with are Wilson Combat and Checkmate.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Dafuk. So you gots money...

I will when I get my "tax return" back. I claim zero dependents. Now that I can claim not only my daughter but my niece and nephew too I'll be getting a good chunk of my loan to the government back.

Reactions: DoglegArms

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
Here's what I take from this:
1) everyone seems to want new innovation in firearms...but will shit all over a company like kel-tec when they bring innovation even if it's not perfect at first
2) how dare someone use an existing product that many people have already like 1911 mags....but if you make an innovative product like a PCC that doesn't use glock mags (ie. Proprietary) you're retarded.
Not that anything in that review list interests me...just saying that the general "feel" of the gun community seems to shit on innovation rather than promote it through purchases and constructive criticism.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I want the .410 AR for total squirrel domination.
They Howdah is a nice and unique pistol. I used to use a 20 ga single shot for squirrels so a 2 shot side by side would be okay. Not sure if the pattern would be very good beyond 20 to 25 yards. Now if you want more than 2 shots...

taurus-1-tau_2_441069mag.jpg

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
1) everyone seems to want new innovation in firearms...but will shit all over a company like kel-tec when they bring innovation even if it's not perfect at first
2) how dare someone use an existing product that many people have already like 1911 mags....but if you make an innovative product like a PCC that doesn't use glock mags (ie. Proprietary) you're retarded.
Not that anything in that review list interests me...just saying that the general "feel" of the gun community seems to shit on innovation rather than promote it through purchases and constructive criticism.

Rob Pincus is a d bag who encourages people to disarm themselves because of a sign on a door and thinks that if you don't you are scared and need psychological help. He is also the one who designed the Avidity Arms PD10. Maybe that's part of the reason why I don't like it. I do think that taking a known inferior design, 1911 mags(especially 9mm 1911 mags), when there are better options out there if you are not going to design your own, and incorporating it into your new firearm is careless. That's okay though because I'm sure that with all of the no guns signs popping up he designed it to be as small as possible so that it could fit in the glove box or the center console of his car.

Last edited:

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code

1. Innovation is good, but no one likes spending their money to beta test a gun for a manufacturer. Kel-tec does a good job with innovation but doesn't produce nearly enough to keep up with demand and then people end up spending more than they should on products that have problems.

2. The issue people have with the 1911 mags is how finicky they can be but using proprietary mags usually means they are expensive. Glock, M&P, or beretta 92 mags for examplehave proven reliable and are inexpensive. CZ is an example of doing t right, proprietary mags that are not crazy expensive.

Reactions: Huddy and Jake

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
1. Innovation is good, but no one likes spending their money to beta test a gun for a manufacturer. Kel-tec does a good job with innovation but doesn't produce nearly enough to keep up with demand and then people end up spending more than they should on products that have problems.

2. The issue people have with the 1911 mags is how finicky they can be but using proprietary mags usually means they are expensive. Glock, M&P, or beretta 92 mags for examplehave proven reliable and are inexpensive. CZ is an example of doing t right, proprietary mags that are not crazy expensive.
Completely agree. On both points. just seems that early adopters to firearms technological advancements are more harsh than many technology adopters.

Reactions: AtlMedic

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Completely agree. On both points. just seems that early adopters to firearms technological advancements are more harsh than many technology adopters.
True. I think we are at a point in firearm technology that some things are just inexcusable. There is very little reason for anyone to put out something that is unreliable or has piss poor accuracy. When this does happen people are very critical of it since it's often a company rushing an item to market or cutting corners.

Reactions: Jake

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
When this does happen people are very critical of it since it's often a company rushing an item to market or cutting corners.

That's exactly what Rob Pinkass and Avidity Arms did.

Reactions: AtlMedic

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
That's exactly what Rob Pinkass and Avidity Arms did.
Perhaps our idea of accuracy and reliability is jaded by a few options that shoot 1/4 moa or burn 10K rounds without cleaning. I'm simply stating that firearms have never been as good as they are now...ever. Even the "bad ones" are amazing feats of technology and engineering. Plus, let's face it, most enthusiasts MAY burn a couple hundred rounds per year where you and I may use a few thousand or more. So, my dads keltec pf9, with it's idiosyncrasies, is fine for him...going through about 1box a year.

Reactions: Jake