Faktory 47

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
YES. i hear AO is selling them at super great prices and excellent customer service.

Reactions: Laufen

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
My husband and daughter are going to alabama to buy some. I'm not thinking its a good idea. Our whole 16 acres is woods with lots of underbrush afraid of catching Fire.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I don't get the AJC so I can't read the story. Does this mean that the public can buys real fireworks now?
Yeah, but not many places have been able to get a license in time. 2016 will be a better year for availability.

Evil 1

Frontiersman
May 11, 2015
Everywhere
Sheltons has always been good to me.Ive been to phantom , big zacks, fireworks city and crazy steves.Sheltons get my money best selection and prices imo.

Reactions: PewPewPewCo

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Sheltons has always been good to me.Ive been to phantom , big zacks, fireworks city and crazy steves.Sheltons get my money best selection and prices imo.
Sheltons is great, i used to make firework runs for a group of judges each year and I got to spend all the "reward" cash Sheltons gives out, I usually got to take home $500 in fireworks

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Looks like there is a Phantom Fireworks store in Morrow (shows several stores in GA), might swing by there and see if they have any good stuff.

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Stopped by the Phantom Shop, its in an old Rooms To Go store; prices are pretty high on some items compared to Alabama stores, some stuff is flat out outrageously expensive, but I saw a lot of items that are close to AL. pricing. Nearly everything is buy one get one free. So I guess if you don't want to make the drive to the border, it's not too bad.

Evil 1

Frontiersman
May 11, 2015
Everywhere
At Phantom you have to regster to buy fireworks and they want to copy your DL.Also that buy one get one is already added to there prices.Exp they sale $15 firecrackers at Sheltons and are $29 at phantom but, but you get one free.Ah no ya dont its already in phantoms pricing.

mattp38

Hunter
Mar 27, 2015
Georgia
My husband and daughter are going to alabama to buy some. I'm not thinking its a good idea. Our whole 16 acres is woods with lots of underbrush afraid of catching Fire.
Just soak em in water before you shoot em and they should be fine.

LXHunter

Frontiersman
Jun 24, 2015
Zip code
Are the prices here a lot higher than say SC? Was going to make the run to the border tomorrow.

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
At Phantom you have to regster to buy fireworks and they want to copy your DL.Also that buy one get one is already added to there prices.Exp they sale $15 firecrackers at Sheltons and are $29 at phantom but, but you get one free.Ah no ya dont its already in phantoms pricing.
Agree 100%, the Buy one get one free is just a gimmick to lessen the sticker shock to those that don't know any better, but obviously factored in. As I said, prices were much higher than the border spots, so it really comes down to convenience Vs price.

I didn't have to "register", but they do want to see your DL and you have to sign a paper that says you are over 18 to purchase, which I believe is a part of the new GA law (not 100% sure on that).

Personally, I don't mind spending a little more and scaling down my overall purchase rather than driving to the border. Now if I were already over that way, no brainer. I'm sure that by next year competition will help drive prices down.

Reactions: Gunsite Grad

blueknight8

the.... IN...master
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
stockbridge ga
Agree 100%, the Buy one get one free is just a gimmick to lessen the sticker shock to those that don't know any better, but obviously factored in. As I said, prices were much higher than the border spots, so it really comes down to convenience Vs price.

I didn't have to "register", but they do want to see your DL and you have to sign a paper that says you are over 18 to purchase, which I believe is a part of the new GA law (not 100% sure on that).

Personally, I don't mind spending a little more and scaling down my overall purchase rather than driving to the border. Now if I were already over that way, no brainer. I'm sure that by next year competition will help drive prices down.
walmart by me has big boy fireworks in stock