New EDC addition.......

American Revival Apparel Company

Sontag_Shooter

Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
Sontag/Blue Ridge VA
I've been looking for a pocket flashlight for a while now. A few weeks ago, I bought a Streamlight Stylus Pro. It's a great light for the price, but I just couldn't get used to it in my front pocket and decided I needed a single AAA flashlight.

I was looking last Friday at Sportsman's Warehouse and saw an Inova XS for $19.99. (Energizer AAA, S-biner, & lanyard included) After trying it out and reading a few reviews, I decided to buy it. This little light is about the size of a tube of Chapstick, but don't let the size and price fool you. In my opinion, the XS is a steal. Light output is amazing for a single AAA battery.

Here are the specs & more info:

https://www.niteize.com/product/INOVA-XS.asp

Here's mine:

64A1219A-8138-4D4D-A253-AA906DC768BE-564-0000004B62CC7C61_zpsd92edefd.jpg

R

rayzer007

Trigger_1 said:
Wowww......53 Lumens....That's bright for that little guy..... 8) 8) 8)

Yes; that's a substantial increase over my MicroStream @ 28 lumens (tops)!

Ray

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Wow I have a little Mag lite that size I keep in my pocket for camping not EDC but its only one luman and only get 3 to 3 1/2 hours from a AAA battery. Whats that rated about 20 minutes? I have been wanting something brighter for EDC.

Sontag_Shooter

Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
Sontag/Blue Ridge VA
Thanks for the complements, fellas. I'm more impressed with this light every day; she's bright, built well, and at a very reasonable price in my opinion.

RugerRon60 said:
Whats that rated about 20 minutes? I have been wanting something brighter for EDC.

RugerRon60, listed run time is 1 hour 20 minutes at 53 lumens, 26 hours at 6 lumens. I don't know actual run times, but I have played with and used it quite a bit since I bought it 4 days ago, and I'm still using the battery that came with it.
If you want a small/bright EDC at a fair price, you can't go wrong with this one.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Seen one on Ebay and for $19.95 and below it said make offer, the lowest it would let me submit was $18.95 free shipping, I will post if they accept it. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to owning one.

Sontag_Shooter

Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
Sontag/Blue Ridge VA
RugerRon60 said:
Thanks for sharing, looking forward to owning one.

You're welcome, Ron.

Hope that you are as impressed with yours as I am with mine!

I used mine Saturday morning on my way into the woods to hunt before daylight, and I actually used the low setting and had plenty of light to see my path. The S-biner works great to fasten the light to a zipper pull.

Let us know what you think after you get yours.

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
The LCP store is out of Microstreams so I offered the$18.95 per on two of these. I like the Microstream an awful lot so it'll be hard to top.

Sontag_Shooter

Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
Sontag/Blue Ridge VA
Verticoli said:
The LCP store is out of Microstreams so I offered the$18.95 per on two of these. I like the Microstream an awful lot so it'll be hard to top.

Verticoli, I think that the Microstream is the 1AAA version on the 2AAA Stylus Pro which I have. The Microstream and the Stylus Pro are rated at 28 and 48 lumens respectively, and my XS is noticeably brighter than my Stylus Pro. Unless you get a lemon, I think you'll be impressed. The only thing that the Microstream has over the XS is a pocket clip, which is not an issue with me because I carry mine in my pocket. If you decide you need a clip, I'm sure you could use a clip from a Microstream or just about any other AAA light and make it fit on the XS.

I'm either going to be a popular guy on here or I'll have some egg on my face. :-\

I sure hope that you guys are as impressed with the little torch as I am!

M

mukwah

Re: Re: New EDC addition.......

RugerRon60 said:
He accepted it, here is the link on eBay if anyone is interested in one, you can click on "make offer" and he accepts $18.95 and it's free shipping. Looking forward to receiving it. Thanks again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390584866547#ht_737wt_932
Looks like they took the "make offer" off the light. Oh well, "Day late and a dollar short". LOL

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Re: Re: New EDC addition.......

mukwah said:
RugerRon60 said:
He accepted it, here is the link on eBay if anyone is interested in one, you can click on "make offer" and he accepts $18.95 and it's free shipping. Looking forward to receiving it. Thanks again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390584866547#ht_737wt_932
Looks like they took the "make offer" off the light. Oh well, "Day late and a dollar short". LOL

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

I just clicked on your link and it was still there.