New caliber gun?

Howard Law
M

mukwah

It would be neat if they could design a 9mm or .45 smart bullet to coincide with a laser that you could actually laser "paint" your target for the bullet to automatically zero on! Prolly cost a small fortune! :-\

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
How bout a pistol that would be used with a heads up display and fire by voice recognition only...

When the weapon is turned on it would identify the owners voice and allow only that person to shoot it by voice commands.....No Trigger....

The HUD would be zeroed in with the pistol and would shoot to point of aim on the target.... :-\

millsriver

Hunter
Jun 21, 2012
North Carolina
I believe that the next evolution in firearms will be a completely new way to launch a projectile. The primer, case and bullet system began back in the 1860's and is still with us today. All of the components have evolved to the max, but the basic system is still 150 years old. I thought that low cost of the current system would keep the technology from evolving, but that has changed as cost has continued to skyrocket. It may a a case-less projectile fired electronically or some other variant, but the techno's will figure it out soon.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Are you guys listenting to yourselves? Some pretty good thoughts here...more?! Some folks would say..."naw..that won't work" Me..I think this is kinda fun.

Sassi

Hunter
Mar 7, 2010
Middle Georgia
From movie clips, and other reviews that I have seen it would seem that the military has done a lot of research on caseless ammo, and smart bullet technology. Will any of it ever come to be? I believe that eventually we will see changes of some sort take place.

BeyondTheBox

Woodsman
Jan 7, 2013
The Great NorthWest
An affordable and lighter weight, alloy or polymer, 380mag or 32mag, single action like the Sig P238 & P938. They are nice guns but far too pricey for my taste when there are a plethora of DAO versions achieving this already. Smaller in dimensions than the current offerings too. Something meant for up close and personal, a gut buster, in a caliber potent enough to actually be useful.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2