New Affordable lightweight AR lower

GA Firing Line

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Vorn-USA-Lima-1-Lower-1.jpg

Vorn USA's $99 forged light weight lower.

Nothing really amazing about it other than the fact that it is so much cheaper than the light weight aluminum options that currently exist.

Reactions: Strider12

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
It has the strength of a forged lower, with all the gay looks of a poly lower... Will hirself or eirself please get me one to play with for my new kit...

Reactions: Thenut

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Vorn-USA-Lima-1-Lower-1.jpg

Vorn USA's $99 forged light weight lower.

Nothing really amazing about it other than the fact that it is so much cheaper than the light weight aluminum options that currently exist.
Now that is a trend that I could get behind. My only real objection in the past has been that ounce for ounce, forged is stronger than billet and the machined billet lowers were too expensive. Shaving weight while not giving up the strength of forging is a great idea.

With that being said, the design cues on that lower aren't really my style. But it does look relatively good. The only real concern would be wanting to know if they put as much energy into the critical specs, as they did the design.

Looks like they took a standard forging and machined it. Wonder where they sourced the lowers?

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
Now that is a trend that I could get behind. My only real objection in the past has been that ounce for ounce, forged is stronger than billet and the machined billet lowers were too expensive. Shaving weight while not giving up the strength of forging is a great idea.

With that being said, the design cues on that lower aren't really my style. But it does look relatively good. The only real concern would be wanting to know if they put as much energy into the critical specs, as they did the design.

Looks like they took a standard forging and machined it. Wonder where they sourced the lowers?
Says it's a Cerro forged.

It's 8.3oz? That's 1 oz less than an Aero lower.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Has anyone had a $29 Anderson lower fail on them?
There have been a few Anderson's with issues. One that wasn't drilled for the bolt catch pin comes to mind. But they're still the best deal around. I'm just saying that if someone likes the machined look of billet, this is a nice & less expensive option, especially in the "lightweight" category.