New addition to the family

Howard Law

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Went to the Medina county Ohio GS yesterday. After looking at hundreds of AK's online and every single one at the GS there it sat. It was actually the first one I looked at and they guy told me it was the best looking and the best deal there. Of course I went through the entire show and on the way out he was correct and we went back and forth on the price and settled for $620.00 out the door. Her originally had $$750.00 marked on it and already marked it down, it was close to the end of the GS.

It's a 1979 Romanian G AKM 7.62x39 unissued all matching numbers, chromed line barrel and stamped receiver, shoulder strap, 1 mag, bayonet with sheath and cleaning kit in the stock. After some thought I decided to go stamped for the lighter weight and cheaper repairs. I got nervous thinking if I got a used AK that was milled and it had an issue I would be out of luck so I went stamped.

I was told the receiver has 10 rounds through it and sites set @ 80 yards. It was believable because it is as clean as a whistle when you pop the dust cover off. I was so excited to finally find one that on the way home I remembered I didn't get and extra mags nor a dual mag bracket for it. Oh well Knob Creek is in 4 weeks, it will give me something to look for there. Well here she is.

AK.JPG

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
Congrats on a very nice looking AK! Please give us a range report after you've popped some caps out of it. :)

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Dude I am happy for you. I love the old school wood stocks. All the tactical stuff is cool, but that old school wood is awesome.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Oops I forgot to size the pic, I correct that and thanks, I think I am going to order the Hogue black pistol grip for it though. That's pistol grip is a funky color that I am not sure I can get use to. Going to go shoot it tonight, if it shoots as good as it looks I will be very happy.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
Man, you shoulda let me know you were going! I was going to go and passed at the last moment I would have made the trip if I knew! And to live vicariously through the purchase of a sweet AKM ...

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
3Coyotes said:
Man, you shoulda let me know you were going! I was going to go and passed at the last moment I would have made the trip if I knew! And to live vicariously through the purchase of a sweet AKM ...

Shucks, if I knew you were thinking about going I would have definitely called you. After I recoup from this purchase I will be wanting toys for the AK so I will be hitting some shows up, I'll remember that next time and keep in touch.