New .22LR since last we met

American Revival Apparel Company

redmond

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Western WA
This little lady followed me home awhile ago. S&W Model 34-1. Really fun to shoot and helps with the shooting mechanics for my Model 36 snub in .38 Special. Same look and feel but no recoil. It is helping me with getting rid of that dreaded flinch. View attachment 10

Attachments

• IMG_0781s.jpg
    IMG_0781s.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: 2 people
R

rayzer007

This little lady followed me home awhile ago. S&W Model 34-1. Really fun to shoot and helps with the shooting mechanics for my Model 36 snub in .38 Special. Same look and feel but no recoil. It is helping me with getting rid of that dreaded flinch. View attachment 10
Looks exactly like my model 37, grips and all, except for the adjustable sights!

R

rayzer007

This little lady followed me home awhile ago. S&W Model 34-1. Really fun to shoot and helps with the shooting mechanics for my Model 36 snub in .38 Special. Same look and feel but no recoil. It is helping me with getting rid of that dreaded flinch.

I have found the Hogue Bantam rubber grips to be a great improvement over the original wood w/Tyler adapter.

Last edited:

redmond

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Western WA
I have found the Hogue Bantam rubber grips to be a great improvement over the original wood w/Tyler adapter.
Agreed. My model 36 has Badger combat grips that really help. For .22 the original + Tyler work fine and the trigger pull/feel are the same.

R

rayzer007

Agreed. My model 36 has Badger combat grips that really help. For .22 the original + Tyler work fine and the trigger pull/feel are the same.

Yes, with the lesser recoil on the .22, the wood w/Tyler adapter will certainly do the trick; plus the original look has it's own appeal.
With the kick/muzzle flip of +P on my .38 snub airweight (shiny nickel), the original setup was a bit slippery. After playing around with the originals last night after I saw your pic, I felt compelled to order some purple Hogue Bantams this morning (just because I liked the look) to compliment the black ones I've had on for a few years that are very slightly worn. The truth of the matter, of course, is I am a compulsive collector (of grips, holsters, and other 'stuff'), being a readily admitted obsessive type! You should see my flute collection! :D