Need Suggestions for a Good Single Point Sling

American Revival Apparel Company

Bruce

Hunter
Sep 28, 2015
Kennesaw
To be honest, I'm not a fan of the single point idea. Too much uncontrolled movement. If you want to try it out, it seems like it would be easy enough to rig up a two-point into a one-point to try out before spending the cash. BTW: How are you going to handle carrying a kid with a rifle slung on your chest? Wouldn't you be better served using a 2-point sling slung loosely across your back with the barrel down?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaotiktribe

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
I'm looking for a two point, for my Scar 17

Semi-Pro

Woodsman
May 17, 2015
Smalltown, GA
I haven't looked at them in a long while. What's the difference between the two?
Like i said they are almost identical. The larue had the qd attachments already sewn in. as well as some other parts Which is what i needed. The customer service and warranty is no contest if i ever had a problem
The vtac did not have the qd parts, which you would have to buy, then it would really be the same sling at the same price and it wouldn't be sewn in. Good luck , It took me a while to figure out which one I wanted. There are great reviews on all of them.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2729218204/vtac-padded-2-point-sling
http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-padded-sling
https://www.blueforcegear.com/padded-vickers-sling

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Like i said they are almost identical. The larue had the qd attachments already sewn in. as well as some other parts Which is what i needed. The customer service and warranty is no contest if i ever had a problem
The vtac did not have the qd parts, which you would have to buy, then it would really be the same sling at the same price and it wouldn't be sewn in. Good luck , It took me a while to figure out which one I wanted. There are great reviews on all of them.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2729218204/vtac-padded-2-point-sling
http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-padded-sling
https://www.blueforcegear.com/padded-vickers-sling
Gotcha. Basically equivalent cost when you factor in QDs. I also prefer they be sewn in. One of my VCAS slings is set up that way. Have you ever tried the BFG Padded VCAS and compared to the VTAC? They're very similar, except the VCAS doesn't have the long tab that hangs loose when it's cinched down.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
To be honest, I'm not a fan of the single point idea. Too much uncontrolled movement. If you want to try it out, it seems like it would be easy enough to rig up a two-point into a one-point to try out before spending the cash. BTW: How are you going to handle carrying a kid with a rifle slung on your chest? Wouldn't you be better served using a 2-point sling slung loosely across your back with the barrel down?
If this question is pointed at me I do not have any money sucking, curtain climbers to worry about.

Kaotiktribe

Frontiersman
Jul 5, 2015
Kennesaw
Zip code
Ive had 2 vtac's and sold them due to the texture of the sling. It was much tougher, but at angles would cut into my skin(neck area). Thus why i went to the Gear sector. Just as tough, but didnt tear up flesh no matter what i was wearing or how long i carried it.

Seems the average person doesnt use a sling longer than to hold a rifle ateady at the range.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
I disrespected single points in my last post but I think that I have to clarify. I often use a single point when deer hunting because the rifle is in my hands from the 400 yards from the truck to my stand. I like the single point because it's pretty non obtrusive and I can push the rifle to my back when climbing into my stand. as I stated before, I like the PIG sling for a one point.

if I had to carry a rifle around all day, I would go with the two point.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
Reviving an old thread because I just got a blue force gear / vickers sling (standard combat applications sling). In my opinion, it's much better than the Viking tactics sling I previously favored. Also, they make an attachment to convert a two point into a one point very quickly and easily if your balls are feeling too comfortable and need a rifle tap to wake them up. I still like the proctor / way of the gun sling because of its simplicity but I think this blue force gear sling is my new go to.

Reactions: DarthVader

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Reviving an old thread because I just got a blue force gear / vickers sling (standard combat applications sling). In my opinion, it's much better than the Viking tactics sling I previously favored. Also, they make an attachment to convert a two point into a one point very quickly and easily if your balls are feeling too comfortable and need a rifle tap to wake them up. I still like the proctor / way of the gun sling because of its simplicity but I think this blue force gear sling is my new go to.
Another convert! I really like the VCAS as well. The VTAC is a good sling, but a bit more complicated in execution and the loose bits that hang from it tend to get in the way.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
Another convert! I really like the VCAS as well. The VTAC is a good sling, but a bit more complicated in execution and the loose bits that hang from it tend to get in the way.

My thoughts exactly...there's too much excess shit hanging off the Viking tactical sling.

Reactions: DarthVader

sunderwood52

Hunter
Nov 16, 2015
Dalton
I'm a fan of 2 quart canteen strap and 550 cord. versatile and tough. Used it as a two point and single point in the desert and the width of the strap fit more comfortable around my shoulder when I wasn't in body armor.