Need Suggestions for a Good Single Point Sling

American Revival Apparel Company

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
The title says it all. I'm not looking to break the bank as some are priced as if they're hand made by Union labor but I'm open to suggestions.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I'm an SOE guy when it comes to equipment. And it's true, you get what you pay for, thus you pay more you get better quality. However there are other decent brands out there that are cheaper and some that are on par. Names like Viking Tactics come to mind. The more you spend on a nicer single point, the better it feels wearing it. Ask yourself what your purpose is for the sling and then determine how much you should spend.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
single point slings have a purpose. that purpose is for swinging your rifle - like a wrecking ball - straight into your nut sack.

if you must have a single point, PIG makes a good one that is sold on SKD tactical's website.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
single point slings have a purpose. that purpose is for swinging your rifle - like a wrecking ball - straight into your nut sack.

if you must have a single point, PIG makes a good one that is sold on SKD tactical's website.
Fact: You can't operate with a 2 point sling.

tumblr_mglait5Rho1s2w4m3o1_500.jpg

Reactions: rOmiLaYu

Laces_Out_Marino

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Aug 14, 2015
CANTON, GA
Zip code
I went the single point route first, no longer have it on my gun, it sucks. If you want a single point and want versatility try the mag pull sling. It can be configured several ways. I love mine

Reactions: Strider12

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I don't sling any of my weapons bro. Just another thing to hang up when you need it. Just from my personal experience anyways.
I can see that, but if I ever had to bug out I'd have my little boy in my arms and pulling the others along. Hell, I might even try to take my wife with me. She could carry my rifle I guess.

Bypass

Arrrgghh!!! I'm a pirate.
Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
I can see that, but if I ever had to bug out I'd have my little boy in my arms and pulling the others along. Hell, I might even try to take my wife with me. She could carry my rifle I guess.
There are times when you need a sling and in that situation definitely do. But when it is just you and you are just walking and not carrying anything it is good to be ready for anything. You know that already though. I am just preaching to the choir.

Reactions: Strider12

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
There are times when you need a sling and in that situation definitely do. But when it is just you and you are just walking and not carrying anything it is good to be ready for anything. You know that already though. I am just preaching to the choir.
I'm not a vet and have no formal training, so you are not preaching to the choir. I'd say you're teaching elementary sunday school would be a more appropriate analogy.

Reactions: Bypass

Semi-Pro

Woodsman
May 17, 2015
Smalltown, GA
I have went through several sling and came down to one to fit all my rifles. It's a 2 point though.

http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-padded-sling

best sling I've eva had. I'm not one to usually buy overpriced stuff when there is something very similar for cheaper like the Vikings sling, but i'm glad i sprung for the Larue on this one.
If this one can't fit the bill , try the magpul. I personally do not like it.

Kaotiktribe

Frontiersman
Jul 5, 2015
Kennesaw
Zip code
1 point seems easier to transition hand to hand, but overral sucks! Ive had lots and have settled on a 2 point by Gear Sector with QD studs. I can use this exact sling on 6 rifles.....cant beat that.

Ive hiked several miles with a 2 point with no prob. Cant imagine doing that with a single point.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
If two point slings are an option, don't overlook the proctor 2 point (way of the gun brand?). I have one and it seems to work very well. I like how it can be used on multiple systems and doesn't require any special hardware like QD attachment points or special rail items. You can save a lot of money (and weight) by going this route.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I have went through several sling and came down to one to fit all my rifles. It's a 2 point though.

http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-padded-sling

best sling I've eva had. I'm not one to usually buy overpriced stuff when there is something very similar for cheaper like the Vikings sling, but i'm glad i sprung for the Larue on this one.
If this one can't fit the bill , try the magpul. I personally do not like it.
Isn't the Larue just a rebranded VTAC? Or am I misremembering?