9mm N82 Tactical Pro holster for my SR9c

American Revival Apparel Company

mayonardo

What Would Paladin Do?
I heard about this holster from Yogi. I think... Anyway, being always on the lookout for another good holster, I got one from the N82 (Nate Two...) people to fit my SR9c. I've been using a Supertuck for IWB and a Bullard Bandit for my OWB carry for it and wanted to try a new design.

This one is an amazing design. Nothing like it on the market today to my knowledge. I've given it a good trial over the past few weeks and my detailed review is on my blog at: http://sdcarry.blogspot.com/

Bottom line, I really like this holster and the Supertuck is going on the block.

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
It certainly is an interesting design. I just ordered one for a 1911, and am curious how comfortable it will be. Everything I've read so far praises this design for comfort.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
Wow... IWB and more comfortable than a Super Tuck. Extremely high praise!
I thought the Super Tuck was in the rarest of rare-air for comfort.
Excellent find!

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
Mayo, honored to please the "Holster Master". I have fallen in love with mine, used for the Glock26. Carry the G26 a lot more now during the summer without having to worry about any part of the weapon touching/gouging my skin. Adjustable cant with the clip, lightweight & very comfy. No undergarment required, just slap the holster on @4:00-4:30 and it easily hides under any un-tucked shirt, my preference being Hawaiian Shirts. Glad to hear you like this holster. For IWB, it's all I use...Period. Yogi 8) ;D :D :)

GlockN82.jpg

mayonardo

What Would Paladin Do?
And, thanks for alerting me to N82! I hope to get my LC9 Pro version this week.

When I carried the SR9c in the Supertuck, it was better than the other IWB holsters I had for it, but still you always knew there was a wide hunk of horsehide clipped to your belt with the grips of the gun sticking up above that. It distributed the weight over all that leather, but it is still a big piece of leather riding against your bod.

I think the Supertuck is a fine holster but the N82 Tactical is better for me.

Mayo.
iPhone & Tapatalk

M

mukwah

Good review Mayo! Gonna have to give this N82 a closer look!

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
mayonardo said:
And, thanks for alerting me to N82! I hope to get my LC9 Pro version this week. I think the Supertuck is a fine holster but the N82 Tactical is better for me.
Mayo.
iPhone & Tapatalk
Any time. I tried my brother's White Hat (same design as Crossbreed) with my G26 for a week, worked great, but...I agree with you...for me, this just works better! Yogi :D

The N82 Tactical "Professional" Model is a great holster! 8)

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
I went to the website and they are not making the left handed professional version at this point or they are out of them. I did email them but does anyone have the original version or did you get the professional version. The cant looks ok the original and really don't need the polycarbonate twist release system. Thinking just about ordering the original one. Once again the left handed curse prevails.

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
RugerRon60 said:
I went to the website and they are not making the left handed professional version at this point or they are out of them. I did email them but does anyone have the original version or did you get the professional version. The cant looks ok the original and really don't need the polycarbonate twist release system. Thinking just about ordering the original one. Once again the left handed curse prevails.
I went right to the "Professional" model, because the clip is adjustable to cant, allowing wear basically anywhere around the waist. I just went to their site and looked at the "Original" model, which for an SR9c you can get in the "Left" handed version. By looking at the picture, it looked to have about a 10-15 degree FBI cant. I love the way this holster can be worn with no under garment to protect the gun from your skin. Light as a feather & comfy. Hope this helps! Yogi 8)

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Yogi 117 said:
RugerRon60 said:
I went right to the "Professional" model, because the clip is adjustable to cant, allowing wear basically anywhere around the waist. I just went to their site and looked at the "Original" model, which for an SR9c you can get in the "Left" handed version. By looking at the picture, it looked to have about a 10-15 degree FBI cant. I love the way this holster can be worn with no under garment to protect the gun from your skin. Light as a feather & comfy. Hope this helps! Yogi 8)

It does help thanks. But after thinking I may want to wear it as a crossdraw at times and I think if I waited to the pro version I may be able to do that with the adjustable cant option. After many LCP holsters and um... learning from Mayo's posts :D I am going to try to keep the SR9c holster drawer down to a minimum.

R

rayzer007

RugerRon60 said:
I am going to try to keep the SR9c holster drawer down to a minimum.

Why would you do that Ron; that's no fun! ;D

I just got a few more Remoras (they have OWB now!). My wife asked the age-old question "How many of those do you need?" I simply answered her truthfully, "I don't need any more, ............. I'm probably possessed ........... or just out of control." ::)

Ray

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
RugerRon60 said:
It does help thanks. But after thinking I may want to wear it as a crossdraw at times and I think if I waited to the pro version I may be able to do that with the adjustable cant option. After many LCP holsters and um... learning from Mayo's posts :D I am going to try to keep the SR9c holster drawer down to a minimum.
You might take a look at the Silent Thunder from Garrett Industries, link provided. My brother has one for his CM9 & loves it. He says the clip is adjustable so it can be worn anywhere on the waist. Spendy, but might be exactly what you're looking for. Yogi 8)

http://garrettindustries.mybigcommerce.com/silent-thunder-iwb/

Gwgw60

Hunter
Aug 5, 2012
Northern Virginia USA
Been using N82 for my LC9 and Nano when I don't pocket carry. I've liked it. I have one for my SIG P226, but don't carry the Sig much because of weight so I can't give a fair assessment on effectiveness for the full size use.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
I like the looks of the Silent Thunder. I still want to keep the LCP with me and the Pwii is has a static cant. So an adjustable cant for the SR9c I could have the best of both carry choices. I also seen Fobus has a 360 degree OWB paddle holster. Wife is going shopping in Canton tomorrow, just a block away from the Fin Feathe Fur. May be able to get a look at one. Bet I come home with something. Wish they had the left handed N82 pro version in stock. This is going to get costly. :eek:

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
Fred said:
It certainly is an interesting design. I just ordered one for a 1911, and am curious how comfortable it will be. Everything I've read so far praises this design for comfort.

Update - what a great holster! Got mine for a full size 1911, and have carried same and a 4" gun in it as well, with no problems. Very comfortable. Looks like I will be ordering a Pro model for Glock next.

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
Fred said:
Fred said:

Update - what a great holster! Got mine for a full size 1911, and have carried same and a 4" gun in it as well, with no problems. Very comfortable. Looks like I will be ordering a Pro model for Glock next.
+1...that's what I've been talkin' about! Most comfy IWB holster I have for my Glock26. Enjoy! Yogi 8)

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Went to the GS this past weekend in Akron Ohio and they had a booth there and I got to hold the n82's. I talked to the rep and he said he can almost guarantee that they won't be making a left handed professional version of the N82 due to the molds are to expensive to make and there just isn't that much of a demand. Thats ok my new Remora w/full sweat shield is filling the void just fine.