N8 Holster review

Howard Law

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
I just re-read Mayo's blog about holsters, and it prompted me to share my thoughts about the N8[size=10pt]2[/size] Tactical Pro holster. I'm a lefty, and bought one to hold my Kimber 1911. I had read all the reports about how comfortable it was, so decided to try it. I've been using it for some time now, but it just doesn't work well for me. Yes, it is comfortable - no question about that. What doesn't work for me is what Mayo referred to in his blog - the slight inward twisting motion needed to release the weapon from the holster.

I usually cinch my belt up pretty tight when carrying IWB, so for me it was not that easy to release the gun without a concerted effort to twist it inward. Plus, because I am a lefty, a couple of times I accidentally hit the magazine release while trying to twist the gun. That was the deal breaker for me. Heaven forbid that some day I would actually need to draw, only to have the magazine fall out! :eek:

Prior to trying this holster, I carried my Kimber in a Sparks VM-2 for the past 13 years. It has served me well, and no extra motion is needed to draw the weapon. Although very comfortable, the Tactical Pro just doesn't work for me. Looks like it's back to the VM-2.

Pops

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Maine
Fred thanks for your thoughts. I was thinking about getting this holster and I am a lefty also. Had the same thoughts as you but no first hand knowledge. I think I will stick with Crossbreed. ;)

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
You're welcome, Pops. I really wanted this holster to work, as it was very comfortable, but it just wasn't right for me.