Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Should She Buy It?

• Total voters

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
My wife likes gun bling.
She's got the engraved LC9 and LCP, an engraved S&W 637.
Does the Walther look like it should be a winner?

PPKEngraved.jpg

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
I would pass only because I already have a .380 (Elsie) and if I had that in my budget I would purchase something I could have more fun with or a larger caliber carry weapon for the cooler months. If I was to collect a certain caliber it wouldn't be a .380. I would consider one more Elsie as a backup but that's about it in the .380's.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I have an old (German made, before they were made in the US) Walther PPK/S which I bought new in 1973. It is one of the finest pistols that I have, though it is quite a bit heavier and a little larger than the LCP. I will never get rid of mine. It fits my hand quite naturally, making it point as easily as my forefinger.

R

rayzer007

I kinda wish my wife liked engraved guns Don ..... if she did, and showed an interest in the PPK pictured, I'd make sure she walked out the door with it! ;)
Ray

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
I saw an old German made SS PPK like Skip has at a recent gun show. It couldn't have had 100 rounds through it. The $$$ were similar without the engraving. I regret passing on that one.

A side note... she owns more guns than I do. Probably shoots better too. :-*

jackjr

Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
I agree with any firearm my wife wants to buy. Heck, I even agree with the shoes she wants. She buys me pistols I like and that makes it a good trade. Just got our Second M&P Shield Sunday and it is for me!

M

mukwah

If my ever saw a firearm she wanted to buy or me buy for her I believe I'd fall over dead from cardiac shock!

R

rayzer007

3Coyotes said:
I saw an old German made SS PPK like Skip has at a recent gun show. It couldn't have had 100 rounds through it. The $$$ were similar without the engraving. I regret passing on that one.

Even I regret your that passing on that one Don! :D
Ray

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
I say find a nice pistol costing about half that amount and put the difference in a good quality Vacuum. If you live in a single story house, she will appreciate the new one, and if you live in a two story, she will not have to lug the old one upstairs. It's the little thoughts that count.