My new toy!

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

WAcarry

Hunter
Jun 22, 2012
WA State
I have been wanting a 9mm pistol to shoot IDPA for a long time. Since Wednesdays are free gun rental day at the range I go to, I decided to shoot a few 9mms. I shot the M&P 9 series and the Glocks in 9mm. I found that I was the most accurate with the Glock 19.

To end the range session, I ran 100 rounds through my LC9 and 50 through miss Elsie.

Soooo. It just so happens that my favorite LGS is on my way home from the range. I stopped in and couldn't put this little beauty down.

Glock 19 in FDE. I believe it stands for flat dark earth.

I can't take credit for the picture it's off the Internet , I haven't had a chance to take pics yet.

http://img.tapatalk.com/1812680f-e4fc-4524.jpg

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
I have always liked that color combo, Congrats and enjoy. As as they say on here, buy lots of ammo! Be careful I found since I bought my SR9c my ammo bill has went up and my supply has went down... :-\

WAcarry

Hunter
Jun 22, 2012
WA State
Thanks guys. I used to have a G19 in black. But I had a temporary moment of insanity and sold it. Since then I have learned to fight the urge to sell a gun. I am always sorry when I do.

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
I'm a big fan of the G19, and have a 3rd generation version. It has been 100% reliable from day one, and continues to be so after many rounds down range. Didn't realize they were now available in FDE. Nice color combo.

Wish you the very best with it.

WAcarry

Hunter
Jun 22, 2012
WA State
They had both the gen 3 and 4 in stock in this color. I chose the Gen 3 because the gen 4 I shot at the range kept having failures to extract. The range owner said the gun had about 800 rounds through it. I have never of heard of this prob with a gen 3 so I stuck with that.

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
WAcarry said:
They had both the gen 3 and 4 in stock in this color. I chose the Gen 3 because the gen 4 I shot at the range kept having failures to extract. The range owner said the gun had about 800 rounds through it. I have never of heard of this prob with a gen 3 so I stuck with that.

Good call on your part. From what I have read so far, the Gen 4 has some 'teething' problems, with various problems mentioned by a number of owners.