My granddaughter Maycin..

Howard Law

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Latest report on Maycin. Her platlet count had gone up to 140.(not that bad) about three days ago. Each day since it has continued to drop back down. ..;(. She is now back down to 21..boo!. She still has to have 18-19 units of plasma each exchange, and it is a very interesting machine that they hook her up to. It is truly remarkable to see how it separates the red blood cells from the serum, and then adds the new platlets back into her blood and reintroduces back into her jugular (not her carotoid like I had been told previously). Some of the treatments cause horrible headaches...and some don't do so as badly. I don't know why that is. She is bored out of her gourd. I guess only so many movies you can watch before boredom sets in. My daughter Lynsie told a nurse that she was going to kidnap Maycin ..and take her for a walk around the hospital. Maycin thought it was GREAT!!.The last kid that Primary Children hospital had treated for this condition was in 2010, and she required 50 daily transfers before she got well enough to go to one treatment per day..and then eventually off the treatments. They have only had 4 patients there...ever...with this condition. Very rare. So on it goes. I go up every 2-3 days. It is 60 miles each way. and worth every minute of my time , and gas money to do so. Family...yeah..I'm there.She still has a great attitude, and I know that she feels your prayers and thoughts. Thanks for your help all. Craig

Pops

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Maine
Craig: May god give Maycin and her family the strength needed for this ordeal. my Granson had the same thing when he was 3 and he graduates high school next year. For him it has turned out well so far and I hope it does for your granddaughter.
Pops (Jim)

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
Continuing with all the best... prayers, wishes, and concerns.
I remember how we felt with our son and how the platelette shakes boosted his color and energy levels.
It took some work as you describe, but we are very hopeful for Maycin's full recovery.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Here's a pic of Maycin having a platlet replacement treatment a couple of days ago. Takes about one hour and forty five minutes, and she gets a tremendous headache. The cost ...so far ...for the platlets exchanges only so far is over 250k.....;{ Dude!!

IMG_20130501_125045_499_zps40834993.jpg

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Craig, it is obvious that Maycin has a lot of hard bark on her. A tough young girl. This storm will pass and she will be OK. Keep the faith, our prayers will be answered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Prayers, and good care, and medical science have kicked in pretty well for Maycin. She was released from the hospital yesterday, and is now home.
Whew.. Thank you all for your prayers , and for your concern. Her platlets stayed above 190 for three days...peaking at 219 yesterday. The drs. said "send her home, and we'll have her come in twice a week on an out-patient for bloods...and just see how it goes." Thanks again all. Pretty good scare there...but The Lord has always been able to do what we have never been able to accomplish ourselves. She is SO happy to be home.. Happy granpa here.

R

rayzer007

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ! Thank you again Lord for your mercy!

Ray