My Glock 43 Review Real Fast

GA Firing Line

StateFarmJake

Hunter
Jan 30, 2016
So I won the Glock 43 from the contest here and it took 3 weeks to arrive at my FFL some how, but thats neither here nor there. I finally got around to taking it out to shoot and I can say I should have taken @David up on his offer to let me switch this out since I wasn't a fan of Glocks, but wanted to try this one out anyway.

Overall Glock 43 Size

Overall the gun was compact and easy to conceal. The only downside was that I have medium sized hands with extraordinary chubby fingers. Now I realize this makes a lot of guns uncomfortable, and its not really the manufactures fault, but the Glock 43 was exceptionally worse than other compact concealed carry guns I've used in the past. The pinky extensions are an absolute must when using this gun for anyone with man hands. Its probably the perfect gun for 90% of the females out there though.

Overall Glock 43 Accuracy

Actually it wasn't to bad. Maybe one of the more accurate Glocks I was able to hit with. I did 1 yard, 5 yards and 10 yards (3ft, 15ft, 30ft) tests. Of course at 1 yard the grouping was nearly perfect all within the heart on my target sheet. The 5 yard was good as well, out of 100 rounds I think I missed the heart 6-7 times. The 15 yards though it started to get a little more shaky. I missed the heart about 20 times with the average distance about 1.8" low. However this isn't exceptionally bad for myself, and its a vast improvement over my previous Glock experiences.

Overall Glock 43 Recoil

The recoil on the Glock is what you'd expect for a small sized gun shooting 9mm loads, and no I didn't use any .380 ammo in it like some people do here :D

Overall Glock 43 Impression

Other than being completely uncomfortable for me to shoot due to the size issues mentioned above, its not a bad little gun overall. It does carry the Glock name and the quality is there. But I like comfort when I shoot so I can't say I'd recommend this to anyone with chubby fingers unless you get the +1 or +2 Glock extensions.

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
Well, since it doesn't fit you and you aren't a fan of Glocks, you can always send it my way. My carry guns are all Glocks but I don't have a single stack yet.

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
I've noticed it is a little bit of a different animal from my 19, it's taken some getting use to regarding draw and whatnot but a decent carry gun for when I'm on the bike, it's fairly accurate for a small pistol imo; it'll never replace my 19 as my primary "go to" but it serves a purpose for me when needed, I think what I like most about it is that it feels like the rest of my Glocks and in a carry gun for me consistency is a great thing

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
I'll jump in line after T.L.! lol

How would you compare it to the S&W Shield 9mm?

Ohiobellboy

Frontiersman
Feb 1, 2016
Shot mine yesterday. I had the Piece +1 extensions put on it before I left the show along with Ameriglo front sites. I seemed to be about 3" low at 15' until I adjust my sight line to put the bottom of the front site just over the rear sites. I did buy a Hidden Hybrid holster for it and was able to wear it IWB all day without it bothering my back. My G23 I have to wear OWB due to my back. I'm with DB as it should be a great gun to carry on the bike this summer.