My Fitness Progress & Journal

Howard Law

Jacob Villers

Woodsman
Aug 16, 2015
Elizabeth WV
Hello, my name is Jake and I am a fatass! I am starting this journal in conjunction with the same type of thing in video format to try to help keep myself on track, monitor progress and maybe help motivate others. I am aiming to do one video/entry per week.

A little about me, I played football in high school and was in decent shape. After high school I went to play college to play and quit the team and classes after about 2 weeks and decided I’d rather party. Went to work, kept partying and eating whatever I wanted. My overall health kept falling and weight kept going up. At my heaviest I weighed 373.5 pounds in the spring of 2014 and would get winded walking a little more than 100 yards. I was smoking a pack and a half to two packs a day, I would drink a case of pop per day and was eating over 6000 calories.

I went to work at a different place and after a month or so my boss and I decided we would challenge each other to see who could lose the most weight. I went on a “grazing diet” of eating tiny meals every two hours and had good success with it. In 3 months I lost about 35ish pounds but then I started slipping off of my diet. I gained a few pounds back in a month or so and then I decided to get back after it by trying a bunch of “fad” diets. During that time I was miserable, constantly craving the foods I wasn’t suppose to have which ended up with me having more cheat days and losing little to no weight.

It took a few months off of dieting on and off before I finally realized that dieting doesn’t work and what I needed to do was make lifestyle changes to the way I thought about eating and exercising. I made little changes every week, first pop then more fresh foods followed by less condiments so on and so on. These little changes started really adding up to a lot of weight lost, which meant it was easier to exercise which meant even more weight lost. I had spent some time researching and making recipes since it seemed that when I ate the same thing for too many days in a row I would have very intense cravings that wouldn’t go away.

This brings us to right now, currently I’m down 83 pounds total want to see how well I can eat. In addition to becoming more strict with my meal plan I have also tried to amp up my exercising routine, which was never anything extreme. It usually consisted of walking uphill on a treadmill for 45 minutes or a run walk combo for 25 minutes about 3 times a week. I wasn’t all that concerned with exercise before because I knew I could lose more weight by focusing on diet than focusing on exercise. I have decided to take my exercising much more seriously and as of right now my goal is to workout for at the very least for 30 minutes every single day. Some days will no doubt be less intense than others but I hope to have a minimum of three high intensity workouts per week.

To aid in this new level of intensity and nutrition I have enlisted the help of some supplements. I started taking HyperLean from Swinney Nutrition and fell in love with it. It gave me that extra energy throughout the day to keep moving and get more done. Since it worked so well I did a little research on the owner Justin Swinney and he is a real good dude who takes this stuff seriously so I enlisted his help. Now I am taking a full regimen of Swinney products and am on a custom meal plan made by Justin Swinney. As I type this I am on day one and will keep you updated on my progress.

Reactions: Laufen
H

Hoss

Awesome idea. Posting this here week keep you motivated and accountable. If you haven't done so yet, install the MyFitnessPal app on you phone. It makes ask the difference in the world. A few of us are here are using it. PM me if you get it and I'll "friend" you on the app.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I am on myfitnesspal too under scottnickelson2015. In October of last year I was up to 360 lbs.

Also through a lifestyle change I am currently down 113 lbs.

Fell free to hit my up if you need.

Jacob Villers

Woodsman
Aug 16, 2015
Elizabeth WV
So I haven't posted in a while... I've been trying to get a new part of our farm up and running. I abandoned my diet and exercise for 2 weeks. The reason I did is because the Swinney products I was using were working phenomenally well so I took the time off to start it over from scratch and do a video series with it. Today is the first day back on it and it is going to last 6 weeks.