Muzzle devices

Howard Law

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
This. That’s why I recommended the Silencerco ASR FH. If you plan on using a specific can on it, then get a flash hider that works with that can. I use Silencerco cans, for the most part, so I use Silencerco devices.

Same here, but with Rugged. Specially I run their flash hider and avoid the comps just Incase the can has to come off at any point.

Sent from my Obamaphone using Tapatalk

The Mechanic

Hunter
Oct 12, 2018
acworth
Zip code
I have a V6 precision gamma muzzle brake on my 14.5. inch 6.8 and I like it very much. It's shorter than most muzzle brakes but works just as good. I had a 3 port brake on there. I changed it out and the difference was noticeable. Nice brake. Of course I used the 300 black out unit.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I'm really leaning SF CT warcomp with an FDE warden...because gear queer

Reactions: Slacker1972

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
Sincerco ASR FH

i use these and they are good enough. if i wasn’t married to two swr cans (now silencerco) i would probably consider some other options. i’ve had better recoil mitigation, flash hiding, sound diverting from other devices but then again nothing beats a suppressor for these metrics.

i’ve kind of gone full circle now with most of my unsuppressed builds and just hang a cheap A2 on there and be done with it.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Bought a brake to go on my 16" carbine to attach a 5.56 SPECWAR... loud as hell without the can. I mean darn obnoxious. With the can, no issue. I bought the brake to act as a sacrificial "blast baffle" because I "think" it will prolong the life of the can.

I will say that a flaming pig on a 10.5" AR upper is very nice to shoot.

I generally hate muzzle brakes- only because they're so loud and direct the blast at other people on the range.

Reactions: Slacker1972

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
Bought a brake to go on my 16" carbine to attach a 5.56 SPECWAR... loud as hell without the can. I mean darn obnoxious. With the can, no issue. I bought the brake to act as a sacrificial "blast baffle" because I "think" it will prolong the life of the can.

I will say that a flaming pig on a 10.5" AR upper is very nice to shoot.

I generally hate muzzle brakes- only because they're so loud and direct the blast at other people on the range.

i have a couple of the asr brakes and you’re spot on. i replaced them all with asr flash hiders.

they do seem to mitigate recoil pretty well but definitely too loud. i had one (asr brake) on a 10.5” 5.56 upper that i would carry in my range bag in case i had some unfriendly neighbors at the indoor range. there was one group that had horrible trigger / muzzle discipline so i wanted to get them out quickly. i slapped on that upper and would wait until they were done ghetto-blasting their glocks sideways or whatever the f they were doing. 30 rounds rapid-fire with that thing sent them packing pretty quickly. cleared out the other patrons too and but it left me with a migraine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jake and dial1911

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Same here, but with Rugged. Specially I run their flash hider and avoid the comps just Incase the can has to come off at any point.

Sent from my Obamaphone using Tapatalk
I switched my shorties over to a brake. For the simple thing of having a sacrificial blast baffle. Would be pretty miserable if shooting without a can, but I rarely do, at least on shorty AR's. Not that bad if shooting outside without a can though.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I switched my shorties over to a brake. For the simple thing of having a sacrificial blast baffle. Would be pretty miserable if shooting without a can, but I rarely do, at least on shorty AR's. Not that bad if shooting outside without a can though.
True, that might actually quiet them down a tad with a can on them. Haven't ever tried one.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
True, that might actually quiet them down a tad with a can on them. Haven't ever tried one.
I started noticing some pre-mature baffle wear. You can perfectly see the outline of the ASR flash hider in the first baffle. Besides, I don't know of any can specific muzzle breaks that are overly effective at mitigating recoil. Ports are cut in directly from the sides, not angled back at the shooter. May not be fun for bystanders or the shooter at an indoor range, but they aren't designed for great recoil mitigation, so not terrible on the shooter, especially outdoors.

Go stand next to a high power rifle using a APA brake or the like. Those will give one a migraine. Not the POS brakes from Silencerco, Rugged, AAC etc.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I noticed you paid careful attention on the most recent post to avoid further scrutiny. Found a fuck I see.

Reactions: Leshaire

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Language, grammar, and spelling has been so fluid throughout history it seems silly to give too much of a damn.

Anyway, I ordered a surefire 3 prong warcomp