muzzle device for savage axis

Howard Law

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I've been tossing around the idea of getting the barrel threaded on my axis. Partially for a can whenever I am able to afford it and partially so I can put something on the barrel to protect the the of the barrel when I'm walking through the woods and what not.

Is that a stupid concern?

If not what would be a good brake/flash hider for it? I really don't know much about them.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I've been tossing around the idea of getting the barrel threaded on my axis. Partially for a can whenever I am able to afford it and partially so I can put something on the barrel to protect the the of the barrel when I'm walking through the woods and what not.

Is that a stupid concern?

If not what would be a good brake/flash hider for it? I really don't know much about them.
If you're not worried about concussion, the ASR muzzlebrake from silencerco is pretty great at recoil reduction

I think the Deadair Sandman's keylock muzzlebrake is also a very cool hybrid of flash suppression and muzzle brake, QRF will likely have these in soon if not already.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
You do not have to put on a muzzle brake to protect your threads. They make thread caps that screw on the threads when not using them for an attachment.