Must Make Glock Modifications For Concealed Carry?

GA Firing Line

StateFarmJake

Hunter
Jan 30, 2016
What are some of the best, must have modifications everyone is making for their Glocks? I hope to have my new Glock 43 that I won here soon, and would like to use it as a occasional concealed carry, or maybe even just for vehicle defense.

Ohiobellboy

Frontiersman
Feb 1, 2016
A hogue grip and some fluorenscent orange paint on the front site only. Easier to pick it apart from the rear sites that way. Also a little trigger work.

Not carry related but I also put in the larger slide stop. Makes it easier for my fingers to take it apart to clean it.

D

David

Not really a modification but I suggest a good IWB holster for concealed carry. There was a real nice one posted the other day in another thread can't remember the exact name of it, but it was something Minotaur looked real nice.

I see a lot of people do trigger jobs right off the bat, followed with some insane amounts of cutting and designing the barrel for some reason. Other than that the sights seem to a big replacement, and adding +1 or +2 extensions to the mags.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
Modifications can go from mild to wild. Absolute MUST.....steel sights. The style is mostly personal preference. If you try to rack the slide using Glock factory plastic sights they can pop right out of the dovetail. I like Trijicon HD's or Ameriglo Operators. Tritium on front and rear with paint only on front.

Beyond that I don't do any stippling. You can if you like, but Gen4's are pretty decent the way they are. I know alot of guys that undercut the trigger guard to reduce any rubbing on the 2nd knuckle of the trigger finger.

As for trigger, I run a Ghost Edge connector in my 42 and 43. Makes a noticeable difference in trigger pull. My 19 sports a Glockworx V4 Race Connector and Glockworx heavy trigger spring. I find that this gives me a great feeling trigger without reliability issues and sloppy reset.

I don't go nuts on mods. Small improvements that make a difference without breaking the bank.

Last edited by a moderator: