Modified 5 point contingency

Howard Law

sunderwood52

Hunter
Nov 16, 2015
Dalton
For several years now, I have made sure to create procedures and plan for my family in the event something happens and my wife and I are not together. I based my planning off of a 5 point contingency plan, only this is our default plan regardless of where I am or who is with me. Thought I'd share and see if you guys had anything else to add or consider.

*(G) where I'm Going (O) Others I'm taking (T) Time of my return (W) What to do if I don't return (A) Actions to take*

- If a major event happens and we are not together and comms is still up, I or she calls with code word only we know. If comms is down, we understand that we go straight to procedures in place.

1) First 24 hours, hunker down in place at home. If not at home, make your way there and wait for the remainder of 24 hours. If unable to get home, go to procedure two and wait 48 hours + original 24, total 72 hours.

2) (ORP essentially) Secondary location. Wait 48 hours before leaving to permanent BOL.

2) If unable to reach secondary location, and still not linked up, go straight to BOL and stay indefinitely as long as possible, or until ALL CLEAR is given.

It may not be a fool proof plan, but we are always improving and adapting it...and it's better than no plan at all.

I'd love to hear your critiques, advice, or your plan!

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I have been putting some thought into this very subject a lot here lately. Glad to see some outside perspective on this.

Reactions: sunderwood52

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
anyone have anything similar? any thing I should consider? Thanks!

My thing is, we do not have a 2nd location... This house is the Alamo. As a matter of fact the wife and I were talking about it last Friday. We have 90 days of food, and all the water we could drink from the lake. The only thing I havent figured out is how to store dog food in a long term situation. The cats are on their own.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
When I buy food to put away I buy enough for my dog as a third adult. Rice and a little meat mixed in should be good enough for him.

My problem now is baby formula

sunderwood52

Hunter
Nov 16, 2015
Dalton
I wonder if protein shakes could sub as formula? Maybe a diluted mix? Many of the ingredients are the same, I think.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
You could dehydrate fruits and vegetables grind them and vacuum seal and add water later for baby food.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
When I buy food to put away I buy enough for my dog as a third adult. Rice and a little meat mixed in should be good enough for him.

My problem now is baby formula

I was reading up on this, if you have a dog, just keep in the factory sealed bag, it should stay good for a year. Also you could store it in a big plastic storage bin, to help keep stuff out of it. I think I'm going to buy 150-200 lbs of the shitty "old Roy" Walmart dog food and keep it in a plastic container, and if I dont use it in a year, I'll donate it to a pet shelter... Its crappy food but if the SHTF, at least they will have something to eat. The 2 Rottweilers will take priorty, over the other 3 dogs.