Miss Polly

GA Firing Line

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
4-1-1970, Polly was a co-ed. I found her old school newspaper that had an article on the first and only girl in Sewanee, Tennessee.

115.jpg

D

Denny4kids

That's really cool Verticoll. She is a good looking Girl. Dennis

M

mukwah

As time goes on the fond memories will be worth more than anything to you Verti! Hang on to them forever!

Verticoli

Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
Silverfox1 said:
Neat bit of History, Verticoli. You were fortunate to have found each other.

Lol, yeah, it was lucky. She went to school in 3 countries and 5 different states and I'm a drop out. She was wealthy and I was on food stamps. I never was smoother wooing a girl than I was with Polly. 8) I had a 1962 Barracuda that she wouldn't even ride in.

Silverfox1

Hunter
Jun 10, 2012
Louisville, KY
Verticoli said:
Silverfox1 said:
Neat bit of History, Verticoli. You were fortunate to have found each other.

Lol, yeah, it was lucky. She went to school in 3 countries and 5 different states and I'm a drop out. She was wealthy and I was on food stamps. I never was smoother wooing a girl than I was with Polly. 8) I had a 1962 Barracuda that she wouldn't even ride in.
Well you've opened yourself up to this line of questioning, so here goes. Why wouldn't Polly ride with you in your '62 'Cuda? Had to ask, although I have two possible ideas in mind.

Verticoli

Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
lol, She said it was 'cause it didn't have AC. I'll tell you what, I had a black El Camino she would drive sometimes and I was jealous 'cause she was just hot in that thing. And it had AC!

Silverfox1

Hunter
Jun 10, 2012
Louisville, KY
Talking about '60's Barracuda's. Anyone remember the "Hemi Under Glass" that Hurst ran as an exhibition car at the drags? They dropped this Hemi motor behind the front seats, under the rear window and it would produce 1/4 mile wheelies. Cool!

Verticoli

Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
Oh, my first hot rods was a black and gold '67 Mustang and the funny thing was, I had built a model '67 'Stang and painted it black and gold when I was a kid. One of my neighbors had a Corvair with a Toronado engine and trans in the back. It was a kit put out by Hurst.

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Verticoli said:
yz9890 said:
Verticoli said:
She went to school in 3 countries and 5 different states and I'm a drop out.

aren't you now a doctor of some flavor?

I was disabled for a time and through adult education became a respiratory therapist. 19 years in a trauma center.

that's a heck of a turn around from dropping out. nice job.

I was picking up a plane after it completed a heavy maintenance check and snapped a photo of the inside of part of the air conditioning system that was covered with what looked like mold and dust etc. I showed it to my friend's wife (also a respiratory therapists) and she gasped. she asked if me or any of the other pilots cleared our throats or got coughs a lot and nearly every one of us does. we sent it up the chain. maybe when a bunch of pilots take medical leave for the same reason they'll do something about it.

Silverfox1

Hunter
Jun 10, 2012
Louisville, KY
Verticoli said:
Oh, my first hot rods was a black and gold '67 Mustang and the funny thing was, I had built a model '67 'Stang and painted it black and gold when I was a kid. One of my neighbors had a Corvair with a Toronado engine and trans in the back. It was a kit put out by Hurst.
Where was the engine on that Corvair? With all that weight, I'm guessing it had to be mid-engine (behind the front seats), otherwise (factory engine location) I think it would handle so poorly, it wouldn't be any fun to drive.
Verticoli, you sure didn't have any brand loyalty, Chrysler ('Cuda), GM (El Camino) and Ford (Mustang). I was a Chevy guy back in the day, still favor their old muscle cars, but don't own one.