Mewe Owners Are Anti-gun

Faktory 47

StateFarmJake

Hunter
Jan 30, 2016
Just a heads up for everyone, the owners of MeWe are Mark Weinstein and Dr. Jonathan Wolf. Both are known to share and openly voice their opinions for better gun control, and are in with some politicians who also support gun control, not to mention their homebase is in Sunnyvale california, where the liberals are free to roam openly everywhere!

D

David

That is good to know, hopefully when MeWe kicks everyone out they'll just start to come here rather than 50485 different sites and groups for whatever reason.

BigMikey

Hunter
Jan 31, 2016
Not a real big surprise is it to anyone? All these people are rushing over there which is going to raise their activity and profile and soon as the liberals see it as one big gun trading community they'll move to shut it down but not until after the owners make a huge profit with some funding based off the new numbers and stuff. It'll be a real disaster for gun groups then.

Don Durrant

Hunter
Feb 2, 2016
I actually read a thread by one of the major financiers of mewe. He was responding to dispel the rumor that FB was moving to buy mewe. He stated that he is VERY pro-2A and had an opportunity to share that love with the owners of mewe,by taking them shooting,etc. If they had any bad opinions about guns before,they are gone now. I have a feeling this site will do really well also,we're growing quickly,and we all have American pride in our rights. Happy shooting everyone. God bless America!

D

David

Yeah, I recently contacted MeWe regarding their gun selling position and at this time they are taking the non political approach and simply staying out of the debate and will only take action on things that are defined as illegal in state statutes.

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
LOL, I joined MeWe about a week before I joined up here and completely forgot about it until I saw this thread, I like this format a whole lot better to be honest anyways. It really wouldn't surprise me at some point that they do the same as FB, once they get pressured they'll cave its really unfortunate that things have to be like that

Feb 9, 2016
Completely agree, i have an account over there as well, check it periodically. everything is split up in chats and pages, never know where to look for stuff

OhAggie98

Hunter
Mar 5, 2016
This is why I never created a MeWe account. Didn't want to support them if they are just going to do the same thing Facebook did.