Mental illness and the right to bear arms

Howard Law

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
-We don't need to regulate the guns, we need to keep the guns or of the hands of crazy people-

Some form of this statement has almost become a mantra on the pro-gun side. We see all these people on Prozac or some other antidepressant, people who those closest to them thought something was off, and want the media and politicians to focus on that, but it's a trap.

There is no way to restrict the 2a rights of those with mental issues without enormous consequences.

Doctors are already required to report any threats made by their patients, how much farther do we want it to go? Should doctors be required to report those seeking treatment for depression? Those that are prescribed certain medications? For every nut prescribed Prozac that kills someone, there are thousands that are innocent of any wrongdoing. What about returning soldiers that seem treatment for PTSD? How long before their rights are restricted. Someone that was prescribed Ritalin as a child, goes to purchase his first handgun at 21, do you want him denied because of his medical history?

Then NRA and others are making a huge mistake by trying to turn the focus to mental health issues. Any scheme that goes further than people that were involuntarily committed because of violence, will hurt thousands of innocents.

There are only two arguments we need for those who would restrict the right to bear arms
1. No
2. Fuck you

Do not fall for the trap that's being set, because sooner or later the left will see how far the issue of mental health can be pushed. At the very least we end up in a world where medical privacy no longer exists, and people that need it are afraid to seek treatment.
Anyway you slice it... We are fucked

Reactions: Mac11FA

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
Big pharma isn't gonna like you taking away their test subjects

This is true.

I know so many people who are on some stupid drug for no reason whatsoever.

And millions haul their kids to the shrink and get them started on ritalin even though they don't need it. Cute part is they can apply for social security disability for their kid (even though his young ass has never paid into the system.) How messed up is that?

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
This is true.

I know so many people who are on some stupid drug for no reason whatsoever.

And millions haul their kids to the shrink and get them started on ritalin even though they don't need it. Cute part is they can apply for social security disability for their kid (even though his young ass has never paid into the system.) How messed up is that?
dafuq you say!?

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
dafuq you say!?

I have a friend who is a teacher in a elementary school. He first told me about it:

http://www.ssa.gov/planners/disability/dqualify10.html

Apparently this silly ADHD stuff can be considered a disability, even if it is very mild. Throw some ritalin at it, and the govt will throw money at you for doping up your kid.

(I don't throw terms like "corporate welfare" around very often. But in this case, it is justified.)

Last edited:

Abishai

Tracker
Kalash Klub
Mar 30, 2015
GA
Zip code
I have a friend who is a teacher in a elementary school. He first told me about it:

http://www.ssa.gov/planners/disability/dqualify10.html

Apparently this silly ADHD stuff can be considered a disability, even if it is very mild. Throw some ritalin at it, and the govt will throw money at you for doping up your kid.

(I don't throw terms like "corporate welfare" around very often. But in this case, it is justified.)

Wonder what amount of proof has to qualify for that what kind of follow up is done to determine when it no longer applies?

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
Wonder what amount of proof has to qualify for that what kind of follow up is done to determine when it no longer applies?

From what I understand, a diagnosis and prescription is all that is needed.

In some districts 3/4 of the kids are on this stuff.

Funny how ADHD and Ritalin didn't exist when we were growing up.... Funny how schools didn't get shot up back then...

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code

Funny hot ADHD and Ritalin didn't exist when we were growing up.... Funny how schools didn't get shot up back then...
My son's 1st grade teacher threatened to have our son expelled from school unless he was seen by a psychiatrist as she said he had an attention problem. We had to go to the one the school recommended and she put him on Adderall (Ritalin) after her diagnosis. My son was able to stay in school. Once he went from primary to elementry, we found out that the teacher that started all of this shit resigned due to mental problems! Because my son had been diagnosed, he had to continue his regimen. He has since graduated and pretty much stopped taking any meds in high school.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia

Funny how ADHD and Ritalin didn't exist when we were growing up.... Funny how schools didn't get shot up back then...
Dude adhd medicine is amazing. I'm so damn Efficient when I take it. I can turn hours of homework into 1 hour worth, clean my house, cook a big dinner, and then still find myself looking for more work. It's legal speed and I'd take it for more than just marathon late night work sessions if it didn't zombify me when I was on it.