Medical condition set backs....

Howard Law

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
How do yall plan accordingly for any medical conditions that yall currently have?

I have aquired a horrible one, gout. Got it from the blood thinners I had to take a couple of years back. I had a blood clot in the back of my heart that almost got the best of me. But one of the side affects from the blood thinners was gout. So now on very random occasions I will have a flare up. So far it has always been my right wrist. But it will absolutely immobilize me for days at a time if I don't catch it quick enough.

So what does everybody think would be a good idea as far as pre planning for something like that. Obviously the medicine would be the best bet, but it does not have a great shelf life (or so says the bottle).

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I often have the same thought because my wife has type one diabetes. Besides keeping some extra insulin and needles/supplies around I don't know of much we can do. The shelf life on insulin is not long as far as I know so we wouldn't survive long without it. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them
We also keep plenty of simple carbs around for low blood sugars as well but the insulin is obviously the bottleneck for long term prepping

Reactions: Cudruln

great dane

Woodsman
Jul 28, 2015
S.W. Ga
Zip code
Prepare to Shelter in Place. Or make arrangements with family/friends/neighbors to get to Bug Out location. Networking/preparing to an event and practice or revisit plans frequently.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I often have the same thought because my wife has type one diabetes. Besides keeping some extra insulin and needles/supplies around I don't know of much we can do. The shelf life on insulin is not long as far as I know so we wouldn't survive long without it. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them
We also keep plenty of simple carbs around for low blood sugars as well but the insulin is obviously the bottleneck for long term prepping
Keep a store of cinnamon around. 1/2 to one teaspoon a day in food (apple sauce, oatmeal) has shown to replace insulin at least short term. Google cinnamon and diabetes and do some reading. I take a cinnamon capsule everyday and my blood sugar is/was fine even when I was 100 pounds overweight.

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
I use cinnamon and honey in my coffee..Learned the trick from some guides, when I was hunting Mules in Utah..Good stuff.

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
Lets put it this way, I put it in the grain before I brew, The cinnamon that is. The honey I add after I like the Sour wood honey. Did not know it could taste that good, and be beneficial health wise also..

Reactions: Red Dawn

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
Thanks for the tips @Strider12 and @Dinky Dau
I've wondered the same thing. May have to start researching plants in the area to help with home remedies.

You would be surprised how man remedies and pharmaceuticals were discovered in the Amazon Jungle..Ginseng which grows in the mountains, has a ton of medicinal quality's...

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
Garlic is one of the most powerful antibiotics on the planet. On three occasions the dentist has prescribed antibiotics for toothaches or absesses. 10 days of that shit. I cured it with garlic and sea salt in 3 days.

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
You are correct sir, garlic cloves are fantastic for also lowering cholesterol. Honey, cinnamon, lemon juice and High Octane Whiskey heated, is great for the flu or a cold..

Sheps

Woodsman
Jun 24, 2015
www.youtube.com
Zip code
en5 1ae
Keep a store of cinnamon around. 1/2 to one teaspoon a day in food (apple sauce, oatmeal) has shown to replace insulin at least short term. Google cinnamon and diabetes and do some reading. I take a cinnamon capsule everyday and my blood sugar is/was fine even when I was 100 pounds overweight.
The research just isn't there mate. What little that suggests there may be a positive effect on patients with Type II mellitus was minimal and it was reduced blood sugar levels (slightly), it did not replace Insulin.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
The research just isn't there mate. What little that suggests there may be a positive effect on patients with Type II mellitus was minimal and it was reduced blood sugar levels (slightly), it did not replace Insulin.
Where did I say it replaced it in everybody?

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I'm assuming you have type II diabetes. Very different in that type I is an autoimmune disease that causes complete lack of insulin. I have not read anywhere that cinnamon has been shown to supplement insulin in type I. It just doesn't make sense that it would

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
It actually irritates me that type I and II diabetes share the same name.. but that is a discussion for another day. I cant tell you how many times my wife has been asked by type II diabetics if she developed diabetes from eating too much sugar or being overweight....

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I'm assuming you have type II diabetes. Very different in that type I is an autoimmune disease that causes complete lack of insulin. I have not read anywhere that cinnamon has been shown to supplement insulin in type I. It just doesn't make sense that it would
I don't have diabetes. I'm the only one in my family.