MantisX training system

Howard Law

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Sometimes, I get bored and buy something random. Luckily, this time it was a cheap something and should help my shooting skills.

Just ordered the MantisX training system. I've known about them for quite a while, and for some reason, starting watching videos about it. Seems like a solid piece from reviews, but I'm skeptical. Any of you fine folks use one? What are your thoughts?

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Id like to play with one. It would be neat to collect empirical data.

Allsmiles

Frontiersman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Mar 15, 2017
Golfcart City, GA
Zip code
They work very well and will help identify and correct bad habits quickly. They are worse than a mother-in-law in finding your faults and telling you about them. On a positive note, for every fault, they tell you exactly what you are doing and I believe how to correct it. A lot cheaper than going to the range and burning ammo. Guns with nice triggers will work a lot better; just like in real life.

Download the app on your cell phone and they just sent out more upgrades to download.

Allsmiles

Frontiersman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Mar 15, 2017
Golfcart City, GA
Zip code
Oh they work and will also show you where you hit on the "target". Best thing is that you get to pick the target you are shooting at since it all internal. I normally shoot at door knobs in a hall because they are small and easy to find in sights. I will say that putting it on different guns will get a little different results due to triggers, gun weights, grips, etc. If you can stay above 90, you will really notice it at the range next time in your groupings. I like to shoot groups of 25 so I can keep score. You just have to reset the trigger each time (rack slide or cock hammer).

I have not tried it on a rifle yet, but you just change the parameters in the app and away you go.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Oh they work and will also show you where you hit on the "target". Best thing is that you get to pick the target you are shooting at since it all internal. I normally shoot at door knobs in a hall because they are small and easy to find in sights. I will say that putting it on different guns will get a little different results due to triggers, gun weights, grips, etc. If you can stay above 90, you will really notice it at the range next time in your groupings. I like to shoot groups of 25 so I can keep score. You just have to reset the trigger each time (rack slide or cock hammer).

I have not tried it on a rifle yet, but you just change the parameters in the app and away you go.
They mentioned using it on a rifle. Very curious to see if that works.

Allsmiles

Frontiersman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Mar 15, 2017
Golfcart City, GA
Zip code
Very simple interface to use. I'm sure it would work fine as it captures the firing pin strike/hammer hit to gather data.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Order Thursday direct from Mantis. Will be delivered Monday. Not quite Prime shipping, but definitely solid.