Man purse

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

HOG2K

Hobbyist Photographer
Jan 30, 2016
I think this belongs here, but I just started carrying a man purse to carry phone, wallet, knife, gun, sun glasses and couple magazines or speed loaders.

Since I hurt my back in 2000, I don't carry my wallet in my back pocket for 2 reasons, #1 hurts my back when I sit on it, #2 don't want anyone stealing it from me by bumping into me and making it easy from someone to grab it.

I find carrying my gun this way is easy and fast to get to...

Does anyone else carry a "man purse" ?

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
I do not. I'm not a fan of off body carry. If a would be criminal tries to snatch it, you are immediately in a fight for your gun. If on body carry isn't an option I can understand, but it's not for me.

HOG2K

Hobbyist Photographer
Jan 30, 2016
Hi Chris, I totally understand what you mean... couple of things here, I'm 6'1" use to weigh 285lbs now at 219lbs so not to little of a guy. The purse is leather with strong leather strap, which would be hard to break and somewhat hard to cut. But I don't think someone is going to come at a guy my size carrying a crossbody purse not know what might be inside it.

I would think they would go after an easier target. But if one did try they would find my wife yelling to drop to the ground as she is pointing her gun at them.

To me it's all pluses and no cons.

I can see your point though, it all depends on how people carry it, on shoulder loosely sounds like an easy target to me.. until you grab the purse and get it only to find the person you took the bag from has the gun in their hand yelling stop and drop stop and drop!!

Yeah it always comes down to what you like...

Nice talking with you..

Mike

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
I'm going to need to see your man card.......just to make sure it isn't expired. ;)

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
HOG2K,

I get what you're saying. I should have clarified a bit. If an individual is simply doing a snatch and grab of a bag/purse there is no justification for lethal force. When that snatch and grab now involves a weapon, case law has shown that any struggle over a weapon is considered a lethal force scenario. Would a jury consider a struggle for a purse containing a weapon the same as a struggle directly for the gun? I don't know, @T\.L\.Jones might have some input on that one.

My mind see it as potentially escalating a situation unnecessarily. Again, I can see your points and if it works for you, it works for you. That's the important part.

And don't let David bust your chops too much! Just call it a satchel....after all, Indiana Jones carried one!

HOG2K

Hobbyist Photographer
Jan 30, 2016
Yes I do call it a satchel, but for the fun of a good conversation I called it a man purse. I will take a picture of it tomorrow Thursday the 19th, as I said in the beginning I just started carrying this and I really like it.

I know it's not for everyone but for now it's just right for me, it does everything I need it to do. I did IWB carry today along with my "satchel", so it's just another option for me to use.

[QUOTE="T.L.Jones]I'm going to need to see your man card.......just to make sure it isn't expired. ;)

[/QUOTE]
Well, my man card started when I was 17, I joined the Army to go to Vietnam, I knew then how important our country was to us. Been married for 42 years have a wonderful son who has been married for 12 years with 2 beautiful girls, who some of you know I babysit twice a week. So, all in all I would say my man card is still intact and doing well. :)

Thank you for asking about it, and yes I do know it was in jest.. ;)

Chris, that's a good point you bring up, not sure how that would work out... maybe it would all come down to what "I" determined to be a threat to me, how fearful I was feeling and trying to convey that to a jury if need be. It's like they say when you call 911 after shooting someone, you say "I feared for my life". :)

Good point Chris...

Mike

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
These are the only things I can think of:

large.jpg

5ca365877ce26f40f1bff58014017999.jpg

3ad733f29a05c54ebfdf33a1c44ee1be.jpg

tumblr_nf0ja86yYz1rm4mpho1_500.png