Makes you rethink PMAGS.

GA Firing Line

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I still didn't watch the whole video, but I tried to copy what I saw in the first minute.

Pmag loaded with 30 rounds, closed bolt, dropped from about the same height on my garage floor. Pmag floor plate was scuffed, but seems fine.
You're obviously not trying hard enough to get more views.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
On "Tap, rack, bang" I've seen them double feed a fair amount in drills, also if your rifles mag release is on the loose/light side, the Magpul mags tend to fall out. But then again, all of the mags were Gen 1 P mags.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I still didn't watch the whole video, but I tried to copy what I saw in the first minute.

Pmag loaded with 30 rounds, closed bolt, dropped from about the same height on my garage floor. Pmag floor plate was scuffed, but seems fine.
You are awesome.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
On "Tap, rack, bang" I've seen them double feed a fair amount in drills, also if your rifles mag release is on the loose/light side, the Magpul mags tend to fall out. But then again, all of the mags were Gen 1 P mags.
I've got several Pmags that are problem children and often cause a failure of some sort. Usually a double feed. I think the feed lips have weakened over time. The ones that cause issues are also some of the oldest that I own.

My bigger concern these days is the shelf life of polymer. I've come to the conclusion that a ban is likely within my lifetime. So, I'm buying D&H or Okay mags with Magpul followers from here on out. One day, my grandkids will thank me for it.

Reactions: Strider12

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I've got several Pmags that are problem children and often cause a failure of some sort. Usually a double feed. I think the feed lips have weakened over time. The ones that cause issues are also some of the oldest that I own.

My bigger concern these days is the shelf life of polymer. I've come to the conclusion that a ban is likely within my lifetime. So, I'm buying D&H or Okay mags with Magpul followers from here on out. One day, my grandkids will thank me for it.

Shelf life? Like they might break down through some natural process?

I would think as long as they weren't stored in direct sunlight they would be fine.

Mags are supposed to be disposable. It's a tribute to magpul that people almost think of mags as durable goods now.

I buy whatever I can find for the right price.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code

Yep. I have 45 of the D&H that I'm keeping. I have a lot of Pmags that will be up for grabs next real scare.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I personally don't trust (hardly)any YouTube gun guys. Every year sees more of them get seemingly compromised. I think of most of them the same way I thing of the writers in gun rags.

Some even seem to whore themselves out for free in hopes some T&E or swag will come later.

I did watch the video long enough to see the pmag come apart twice and I'm calling BS.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Shelf life? Like they might break down through some natural process?

I would think as long as they weren't stored in direct sunlight they would be fine.

Mags are supposed to be disposable. It's a tribute to magpul that people almost think of mags as durable goods now.

I buy whatever I can find for the right price.
It may be an unfounded concern, but I do wonder if they will weaken over time. I've got probably 30-40 Pmags, so it's not like I'm against using them. But I've switched to buying aluminum mags now. I can get them cheaper and if they sit in a box for 10-20 years, they'll be as good as new. Like I mentioned, my oldest Pmags tend to be unreliable. That has created some doubt in my mind regarding their longevity. I could be completely wrong, but I'm just playing it safe. Aluminum mags being cheaper doesn't hurt either. Pretty much anything I buy at this point is for stockpiling anyway.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
It may be an unfounded concern, but I do wonder if they will weaken over time. I've got probably 30-40 Pmags, so it's not like I'm against using them. But I've switched to buying aluminum mags now. I can get them cheaper and if they sit in a box for 10-20 years, they'll be as good as new. Like I mentioned, my oldest Pmags tend to be unreliable. That has created some doubt in my mind regarding their longevity. I could be completely wrong, but I'm just playing it safe. Aluminum mags being cheaper doesn't hurt either. Pretty much anything I buy at this point is for stockpiling anyway.

Are they Gen 1 PMAGs? I've heard they had problems.

I don't think you should worry about them breaking down. Only thing I've ever seen really kill plastic is a lot of direct sunlight.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Are they Gen 1 PMAGs? I've heard they had problems.

I don't think you should worry about them breaking down. Only thing I've ever seen really kill plastic is a lot of direct sunlight.
I had a batch of the original Gen 1's. Sent them all back to Magpul for replacement.

Reactions: AtlMedic

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I had a batch of the original Gen 1's. Sent them all back to Magpul for replacement.
I have all gen 2s, I'm going to buy a handful of the clear lancers when I find a good price. Otherwise I want to stock up on some aluminum ones if I can find them cheaper than PMAGs.