Makes you rethink PMAGS.

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I have A Lot of Pmags but I use metal. No problems. They do all have Magpul followers.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I have been thinking about picking up a few of the transparent lancer mags.

But I think with the amount of use PMAGs have seen in the Middle East they have shown they are perfectly functional.

Reactions: scand

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
I have been thinking about picking up a few of the transparent lancer mags.

But I think with the amount of use PMAGs have seen in the Middle East they have shown they are perfectly functional.
Agreed. Could be a lemon.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
From reading about the lancer mags, I don't doubt that they can probably take more abuse.

I also don't see lancer mags easily found at $9 bucks a mag though.

Reactions: Wallace

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
From reading about the lancer mags, I don't doubt that they can probably take more abuse.

I also don't see lancer mags easily found at $9 bucks a mag though.
This^^^^

If I could get lancer mags doe $9, I would definitely buy a few. I will still use Pmags though. If I drop 2-3, then its still more cost effective at the @TruPrep price to buy Pmags and replace then if they break. I have dropped Pmags before, even in my rifle and never had this happen.

Then again, it wasnt on asphalt/cement and from elbow height either.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Cliff notes? What happened to the pmags?
Shit fell apart when dropped from shoulder height onto a hard surface. The base plate actually broke and kept coming off dumping all the rounds when it was dropped.

Lancer held up during the same test.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I still didn't watch the whole video, but I tried to copy what I saw in the first minute.

Pmag loaded with 30 rounds, closed bolt, dropped from about the same height on my garage floor. Pmag floor plate was scuffed, but seems fine.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
I think that's even one of the early ones when they came with dust covers. This is one of my range mags and has been used as much as any that I own. The tape is from a class to designate blanks.
Ahhh, personal test. Seems to have held up just fine!

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Yep, filmed 2 minutes before posting.

I'm sure many run and gun a lot more than me, but I don't baby my stuff and I've never had a problem with pmags.
Me either. I don't go out of my way to tear them up, but if my AR falls on the ground....whatever...

Reactions: freedom

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
It's a tool use it till it breaks buy a replacement. I like metal ones better but have a few pmags I carry and use. Sometimes you just have to hit the bottom a little harder on the pmag to lock it in. I hope the first video had blanks in it.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
I have three lancer mags and they function fine. I was really concerned about feeding with them because it seems that the bullet tip of the top round could easily catch on the lip and jam. I've never had this happen when firing - only when stripping rounds out of a loaded mag by hand.

That - plus the added cost - has led me to avoid buying more. The translucent ones do look badass though.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
It's a tool use it till it breaks buy a replacement. I like metal ones better but have a few pmags I carry and use. Sometimes you just have to hit the bottom a little harder on the pmag to lock it in. I hope the first video had blanks in it.
I feel the complete opposite with Pmags vs GI. The Pmags always seem to engage the mag catch easier for me than metal ones. That and the metal ones feel super flimsy to me after all these years of using Pmags. I still use the GI mags I have, but definitely prefer Pmags.