Make your own camo?

Faktory 47

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Hey Y'all. I was just out walking the dog in the woods, and I was thinking about how cool it would be to create my own signature camo that was simple enough for a cerakote applicator to replicate and apply to my firearms. There are a lot of commercially available patterns that look pretty good, but I'm kind of a DIY kinda guy.

Anyway, I'm not finding many photo editors that allow me to do the things I want with some of my images...I'd like to soften/blur lines kind of along the ATACS like of design. I've done a little bit, but would like to do some color adjusting and tweaking.

Here's an image I've been working with to create my own custom Laufen design called MaxCloak.

MaxCloak.jpg

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I know a business in Florida that can do any camo pattern you supply. They use a process the pioneered called "Image Lock". It involves an application of KG Industries Gun Kote and their process "tattoos"your image into it.

I haven't used them, but my buddy has his DDM4 done in Kryptec and it looked outstandingly well done.

I can get the info if anyone is interested.

Reactions: Laufen

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
I like it. Have you tried Photoshop? You can do anything in Photoshop. I think it would be a PIA to Cerakote that pattern and you'll definitely pay for it. What about hydo-dip?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I like it. Have you tried Photoshop? You can do anything in Photoshop. I think it would be a PIA to Cerakote that pattern and you'll definitely pay for it. What about hydo-dip?
I don't have Photoshop, is there a freebie version?

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I don't have Photoshop, is there a freebie version?
You can download a free trial of photoshop and it's only $10 a month after that it shouldn't take more than a month to get it done. I buy it from time to time when I need to get some stuff done. There is also a free program called GIMP that is the same idea but not as user friendly.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
That leaf would be a good fall/winter pattern, and if you reversed the colors, it would make a good spring/summer pattern.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
There is a guy with YouTube videos about applying camouflage patterns and painting firearms. I don't remember his channel but one of my coworkers introduced me to him when we worked ton ether back in Texas. I am sure a search will find him.

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code

there is a pine tree bark pattern available for hydrodipping