Magpul Magpul thingys

Howard Law

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
so I posted a thread last night about the pmag dust covers. I am thinking about things to help preserve my magazines with the potential for mag capacity bans I want to keep my 30 rounders in as good of shape as possible while still using them.

The dust covers should help protect the feed lips when stored.

Do any of you use the Magpul loop baseplate things? I'm less interested in them as a way to grab the mag and more as a bumper for when they drop to the ground.

Do any of you use them or something similar?

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I have a few of those "dust covers" or whatever they call them. Never once used one of them though. Im also curious about the OG magpul mag pull though.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I have a few of those "dust covers" or whatever they call them. Never once used one of them though. Im also curious about the OG magpul mag pull though.

They make rubber base plates for the Magpul glock mags but I can't find them for the AR mags. I just think something to help pad the fall when dropping the mag will extend their life.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
They make rubber base plates for the Magpul glock mags but I can't find them for the AR mags. I just think something to help pad the fall when dropping the mag will extend their life.
I have one of the glock mag ones. It sucks imo. You can have it whenever we meet up with those holsters. That way you can try before you buy lol

Reactions: AtlMedic

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I'll take you up on that. What don't you like about it?
Cumbersome, useless, added size to a gun I try and conceal etc. There is just no benefit to me whatsoever considering I dont use just two fingers to pull mags out of holsters etc and thats about all you can get on those things.

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
If you want a mag to last, get the stainless GI mags, or Lancer mags. The Lancer floor plates arent quite rubber, but they have more give than pmag floor plates. They also have steel feed lips. Look on youtube for a drop comparison. Hint: pmag didn't do very well

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Bahahaha

You like to try and break things? Drop the gun on that RMR for science??
It would probably hold up, but I'm not rich enough to try it.

This poor Glock has seen some shit before the RMR though.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I'm just thinking long term for if we end up with a mag cap ban and I can't replace 30 rounders as they break. I don't plan on beating them up but in classes or other stuff where I have to drop the mags then I'd like to protect them as much as possible

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
If you want a mag to last, get the stainless GI mags, or Lancer mags. The Lancer floor plates arent quite rubber, but they have more give than pmag floor plates. They also have steel feed lips. Look on youtube for a drop comparison. Hint: pmag didn't do very well
I plan on getting some lancers for sure. Just waiting to find a good price when I have money for them.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
It would probably hold up, but I'm not rich enough to try it.

This poor Glock has seen some shit before the RMR though.
LOL, how do you like that dual illumination model? Solid hundo cheaper than the one I opted for, but I almost got that one.