LOL, I thought I never would not be concerned

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
My Ruger SR22 is one that suffered the infamous slide gouging. I put off fixing the pistol, simply because he shot well, and just did not want to send it in for repair. The customer service said they would get to work on it right away. I just said "No Rush, I most likely will not be shooting it for years. lol! (No ammo)

Usually I can barely sleep waiting for a gun to return.

M

mukwah

I know what you mean Dave, I HATE waiting! I remember in the Army, a whole lot of "hurry up and wait"! I wish things like this could be microwaved, Zap in/Zap out! :mad:

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
CS may be feeling like the proverbial Maytag Repair Man. No ammo to shoot... no problems being reported... no breaks to fix... Sit and twiddle those thumbs. :(

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
3Coyotes said:
CS may be feeling like the proverbial Maytag Repair Man. No ammo to shoot... no problems being reported... no breaks to fix... Sit and twiddle those thumbs. :(

Now that was funny 3c's! I can just picture that maytag guy right now so happy to get a gun to work on,

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
Yeah Dave, I got that same image. The old Maytag commercial guy unpacks the gun, holds it up to the flourescent lights with both hands and starts singing and dencing around in absolute rapture. Cut that scene... :D

From the few reports I'm hearing about, CS sounds desperate for work. I sent my SR9c in when I first got it... It took almost 4 full weeks to get it back.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Trigger_1 said:
Do the new Ruger SR22's presently being made do this...... :-\

Trigger this issue was very common on new runs. I told the Ruger rep about the issue and he acted like he never heard of the problem. I was somewhat taken back. In fact he wanted me to send a pic up to him. I said oh come on, just do a google search and you can see lot of guns with this issue. Hopefull they have fixed this issue. Here is just one pic found on google that is the same problem I had with the slide gouging.

Ruger SR22 slide issue picture

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Lol! The Maytag man really did not have anything to do. Getting it back tomorrow. Probably will go to the range in about 3 yrs (if I'm lucky) and check it out.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Funny, I was just looking at the different threads and it just dawned on my. I received the SR22, with all new parts, cleaned and lube it, then packed it away. Haven't even thought about it. Since the ammo shortage, I just have put powder burners out of my mind and have been focusing on airguns. I guess I should take it to the range and try out but really just do not have the enthusiasm for it. I have about 2500 rds of 22 ammo, and know that once it is gone, I may not see any for a long time if at all. May eventually sell it and the ammo would make a great package deal.