Econ Life Insurance Consulting

GA Firing Line

Nordsfdw

Scout
May 14, 2019
Somerville
Can anyone give any advice on Life insurance consulting, I don't really know what it entails. What type of duties and projects do they do, what are the hours like, what are the most important skills needed, what are the future prospects? As I know nothing on the subject anything would be appreciated.

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Can anyone give any advice on Life insurance consulting, I don't really know what it entails. What type of duties and projects do they do, what are the hours like, what are the most important skills needed, what are the future prospects? As I know nothing on the subject anything would be appreciated.

Commission only sales job. I’d rather work at Walmart where I got paid every week and play the insurance game on my off time.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
You work as many as you can. Welcome to commission jobs. You can make as much as you like, but that calls for hours. There isn't much to life insurance as far as knowledge goes. You'll need to get licensed.

Be careful with these jobs. Many companies are predatory going after recent grads and offering em a signing bonus. You owe it back to the company as well. Their true expectation is a low risk salesman that goes out and gets all of their buddies to buy a term life policy. Many sizzle out and the company paid you very little.

Best of luck to you.

SPrada

Scout
Oct 20, 2017
California
Zip code
One of my friends works for a life insurance company and I've used life insurance guidelines in the past for pricing work and set up projection models for various lines of business. I've considered a movement in this area. You have to do all the interesting work on the project without the daily tasks.

Last edited: