Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I had a PT92 that ran awesome. I actually preferred it over my M9 and 92FS due to the location of the safety. I could never get used to the slide mounted safety on the Beretta's. The safety on the PT92 was perfect for me since I am used to the safety on 1911's. I still regret selling that one. Sold it to @Balthaz for a damn good deal. He had to come meet me in the hood at my old work though so I figured I'd make it worth his while, haha.

That's about as far as my experience goes with Taurus though. Never was much of a fan of their other offerings. Thought about picking up one of their snubs to keep in the truck but I have a vehicle safe that is welded and bolted in so I'm not worried about theft, I keep a police trade-in Sig P229 in there.

Reactions: Balthaz

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
The pt111 I had for some time (which was also my first pistol) never had any major issues. Other than the fact that it was never consistently accurate. My parents ended up getting it from me (their only pistol) and they still have it. I am going to take it to the range sometime and see if it was just me or the gun, since I feel that my accuracy has approved since then.

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
I had a PT92 that ran awesome. I actually preferred it over my M9 and 92FS due to the location of the safety. I could never get used to the slide mounted safety on the Beretta's. The safety on the PT92 was perfect for me since I am used to the safety on 1911's. I still regret selling that one. Sold it to @Balthaz for a damn good deal. He had to come meet me in the hood at my old work though so I figured I'd make it worth his while, haha.

That's about as far as my experience goes with Taurus though. Never was much of a fan of their other offerings. Thought about picking up one of their snubs to keep in the truck but I have a vehicle safe that is welded and bolted in so I'm not worried about theft, I keep a police trade-in Sig P229 in there.

My Wife still Has that Pistola, She keeps it in her car as a back up.
She likes the way it shoots and feels in her hand, she said it points Naturally for her.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Well nice to know that ol' 92 is still being loved. Was my first pistol I bought used. From the rounds I shot out of it I don't think it failed once. Alloy frame made it lighter.

I also have a Taurus 1911 and it runs great, too. Also has an alloy frame and it weighs the same as my 3.5" RIA.

Lots of disparaging words about Taurus on the interwebz but I've had great success with the two I've owned.

Reactions: Balthaz

TattooedGunner

Frontiersman
Mar 31, 2015
Cedartown, GA
Zip code
Like most cheap guns, they are hit or miss. I've had a few of the Taurus 92s and they seem to be pretty good. My brother has a big Raging Bull .44 Magnum that is great.

I also bought a m85 .38 snub that would only shoot 3 out of the 5 chambers. It would misfire on the same two every time. I sold it for cheap to somebody that likes to tinker with stuff like that, not sure if he ever got it going or not.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I have personally seen two Taurus revolvers that blew up in the users hand,both sent the barrel and top strap downrange and one with a bulged cylinder. Looks like the cylinder timing was off.

Then there is the whole thing with that Taurus polymer gun(can't remember the model...I think it's a pt24/7 but not sure) that can fire just by sh shaking the gun...

For a few dollars more I'll buy a quality manufacturer every time.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I like their revolvers. Never had a semi. That video.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I have owned many and still own several Taurus handguns. I have never had a problem with one.

Knock on wood.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I have personally seen two Taurus revolvers that blew up in the users hand,both sent the barrel and top strap downrange and one with a bulged cylinder. Looks like the cylinder timing was off.

Then there is the whole thing with that Taurus polymer gun(can't remember the model...I think it's a pt24/7 but not sure) that can fire just by sh shaking the gun...

For a few dollars more I'll buy a quality manufacturer every time.

I have seen Smiths, Glocks, Colts, he'll even a Ruger Blackhawk blown up over the years.

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
The Tauri I've owned have either been good or faulty right out of the box. I've never had a good one fail. It helps to that so many of their guns are based on or clones of solid designs.

Reactions: Hoss

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
first gun I ever bought was a 9mm Taurus revolver,at age 21
had it for 16 years,shot it 1x.
after I shot it, I didn't like it

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
It has been my (limited) experience that when Taurus copies a proven design, they seem to get it right. I have owned both a 1911 and M92 Taurus and both were fine enough. I have also owned a Public Defender that ran fine but was loose. I think where they get into trouble is in model lines like the 24/7 and they sort of venture out on their own.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I had a model 66 6" .357 magnum revolver. It didn't like stout .357 hunting loads at all. The cylinder would freeze up and not rotate. Sold it, and swore off Taurus.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I had a model 66 6" .357 magnum revolver. It didn't like stout .357 hunting loads at all. The cylinder would freeze up and not rotate. Sold it, and swore off Taurus.

I have a Colt Python that does the same thing. :thumb:

Actually, the Python is one of the biggest pieces of shit ever produced in a double action revolver. Old outdated tech that is constantly out of time. That said, it is smooth as butter and sexy as hell. Funny how things work sometimes.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I have a Colt Python that does the same thing. :thumb:

Actually, the Python is one of the biggest pieces of shit ever produced in a double action revolver. Old outdated tech that is constantly out of time. That said, it is smooth as butter and sexy as hell. Funny how things work sometimes.

lol what manufacturer do you like?