Let your representatives in D.C. know how you feel

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Aimless1

Woodsman
Jan 20, 2013
NW Iowa
Thanks Little Honcho for the ruger link! I've received responses from Gov. Branstad, Rep. King, and Sen. Grassley. You made it easy for me to be a part of the voice against useless gun laws and attacks on our rights. Thanks again-I'll be passing it along.

BeyondTheBox

Woodsman
Jan 7, 2013
The Great NorthWest
Did this, heard back from two. Just generic responses sent by assistants or pretyped and at the ready. Mostly double talk about being fair to all citizens. Basically did no good.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Sassi

Hunter
Mar 7, 2010
Middle Georgia
Yesterday (April 12th) I called both my Georgia Senator's Washington offices, asking why as good Republicans they had voted to keep this bill alive and moving forward. One Senators voice mail box was full, and would not allow me to leave him a message. I kept trying and finally later in the day got a chance to leave him a message. However i still have not heard back from him. The other Senators rep called me back later in the day. He told me that the Senator (Chambliss) voted for the gun bill to go forward so they could engage in debate. He also said that the Senator planned to vote against the bill when it was in its finished format. I asked the young man who called me back why vote to move the bill forward if the Senator really plans to vote against it in the end?? The young man was all mumbles and could not answer my question!

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
What is happening to this country? Do we all still live here? Did we somehow take a 5 year trip , and come back to a completetly foreign land by mistake..? Where the heck is Daniel Boone when we need him? Let alone C. Heston...

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
I have used this Ruger link and others like it before, and will continue to do so...so thanks for posting. However, sometimes I feel like it's falling on deaf ears.

I'm slightly right of center. Many of my friends are slightly left of center (all gun owners by the way). It doesn't seem to matter anymore what "regime" is running things in D.C. To me, the overwhelming majority are crooks, whose only real interest is staying in power. Once you get past a few key issues, they are all the same. Besides this gun issue, which infuriates me, we are now 16 trillion in debt. Do you realize how much money that is? You could literally cover every square inch of land in the U.S. with a dollar bill with that much money.

I have had to greatly reduce the amount of TV news (mainstream and conservative) that I watch, because I'm sick and tired of yelling at the TV. I do it even when I agree with what's being said. This is not good for my blood pressure. I'm at the point now that I'm not going to worry about the gun issue anymore until they show up at my front door. I'll deal with it then.

Chris aka Sarge
Master Sergeant, United States Air Force (Retired)

R

rayzer007

Sarge said:
I'm at the point now that I'm not going to worry about the gun issue anymore until they show up at my front door. I'll deal with it then.

I'll join you seconding that attitude Sarge! I have done all that I can do. I'm in a news blockout, "beyond Fail-Safe" point now.

Ray

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
rayzer007 said:
Sarge said:
I'm at the point now that I'm not going to worry about the gun issue anymore until they show up at my front door. I'll deal with it then.

I'll join you seconding that attitude Sarge! I have done all that I can do. I'm in a news blockout, "beyond Fail-Safe" point now.

Ray

You know Ray, you and I and many others on this forum (because of our military, or federal, state, or local law enforcement backgrounds) took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States. Our representatives took that oath too. Not some of the Constitution, but all of the Constitution...which includes the Bill of Rights and the 2nd Amendment. Our leaders forget who they work for. They work for us. We don't work for them. Now we have an element in this country that uses the excuse, "We've got to do something. Let's do it for our children. Don't you care about the children?" They do this, not only with the gun issue, but every other issue that comes down the pike...and you're vilified if you don't think "their" way.

I'm glad my father, "The Colonel," isn't around to see the current state of affairs. It would bring him to tears.

Anyway, as disgusted as I am with the entire situation, it's still important to let our leaders know how we feel. That's why it's important to click on that link that Little Honcho posted at the beginning of this thread. Come on folks! Get off your butts and contact your representatives!