GA Firing Line

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
So...I am far behind on the gear side of my life. I have a bunch of nice guns and ammo but not much is the way of carrying it all. I have been looking at "tactical" day packs as of late and have sort of zeroed in on the Grey Ghost Gear Griff Pack. It has some secrete sits into the main compartment for quick access to your pistol; a decent sized main compartment with a special padded bit for carrying a laptop, and a nice outer compartment with a high level of customization possible.

From GGG it's $120 or I can get the same.bag with an HK logo for $20 less...though it's not as "stealth".

What are your thoughts on this bag? I will use it for my daily activities...going to work and school. It can.hold my.laptop and books as well as my pistol and extra mags, flashlight, keys, small IFAK, etc.

http://www.greyghostgear.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=38405

What do you guys use?

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I use a SOG from Walmart. That's $30 worth of China's finest craftsmanship.

I've got a pack from the base that has served me well for the last 4 years...but it's a bit big. I also don't like the single cavernous main compartment. It's great for a weekend bag or when I need to pack a lot of items but for an EDC bag it's a bit much and not well suited.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Check out Woot for some great deals on packs occasionally.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Yeah http://www.woot.com
They don't have anything now, but they do on occasion. It's the only discount type site I've found that truly has discounted stuff. It's kind of a dump off for Amazon.

It's a good place to find good deals on pocket knives too.

I snagged a couple Lifestraws for $15 each I think it was? Super cheap anyway.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
They don't have anything now, but they do on occasion. It's the only discount type site I've found that truly has discounted stuff. It's kind of a dump off for Amazon.

Interesting...never heard of that place. Thanks :alien::thumb:

Reactions: Laufen

Bigr hamr

Hunter
Mar 24, 2015
Cartersville

I snagged a couple Lifestraws for $15 each I think it was? Super cheap anyway.
I joined the site but they slammed me with emails ,kind of like PSA times 10.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I bought a pack with lots of pockets/zippers, and nice padded straps. It's a pretty durable bag but has one big flaw. The compartments encroach upon each other as they are filled. Get a bad that has a couple compartments that are separated internally, but don't forget about having some good external pockets as well. Mine holds quite a lot, but as I fill one compartment, I lose space in the adjacent compartment. I'll keep it for now. It's all organized how I like it, but I'd opt for a pack with more external storage if I were to do it over.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I joined the site but they slammed me with emails ,kind of like PSA times 10.
Yeah, about once a day. I unsubbed from the emails, but still check it out once in a while.

myke124

Hunter
Aug 9, 2015
dallas ga.
I bought a Fieldline tactical from walmart for $9 ive been carrying it to work everyday for 7 months with no rips , no zipper problems , no problems at all .... for $9 I would have been ok with it lasting a week . Im not sure you can still get them tho , if you can its a great deal .

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
@ArtVandelay looks like Woot has a few back in stock.
Well, one backpack style bag anyway.
http://sport.woot.com/plus/yukon-tactical-black-packs-2

I realize this is kind of an old thread, but I will say The Yukon Tactical sling bag I bought off of Woot has held up pretty well. I bought it just to see if I'd like the sling style bags- and they're not for me. However, the construction of the Yukon Tactical bag is pretty good for $20.

I have a Maxpedition Condor II that I've taken on a dozen hiking trips and overnight trips (hotel overnight trips). It's been awesome. Pricey, but worth it for sure.