LCP carry - Don't even notice it's there...

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

redmond

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Western WA
Confession time-

Can't carry at work since I work in several hospitals, so when I get home I change clothes and Elsie comes out of the safe and goes in my back pocket (Bear Creek holster).

Friday, after a brutal week, went through my usual routine and the wife and I went out for dinner. We got home and were relaxing, watching TV. The grandpuppies started raising a ruckus so I went to investigate. As usual in such situations, opened the pocket of my cargo pants to get access to Elsie. Guess what - no Elsie. I had not put her in the pocket that night. Talk about lack of awareness!

This pointed out to me that the ease and comfort of carrying Elsie can be a two edged sword. You don't even notice she is there - and sometimes....she isn't.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Awareness is a good thing. Glad you didn't need to use it.

Thanks for sharing your learning experience.

R

rayzer007

A lesson for us all Greg; and we've all done that very thing too! :eek:
No room for error with (or without!) a weapon.
We all need to be more deliberate - double (and triple) checking!

Ray

M

mukwah

Good lesson learned Redmond! I catch myself sometimes touching my inner forearm to my side just to make sure she's there! It's really hard to tell sometimes becauses of the small light weight package that she is! :-\

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
I left mine home once a few months ago. Long story..but I remember when I first started to carry, and how I felt so very apparent to everyone around me. How could anyone NOT know that i had the pistol on me?!. The day I left both guns home...I felt like I didn't have pants on all day long. Weird day and a VERY strange sensation to not have my "buds" with me. Don't want to have that feeling ever again.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
A problem that I sometimes have is remember that I'm carrying when I have to go to the County Emergency Management Department (where I volunteer and also work part-time). I need to leave the hardware home because the EM is in the same building as the Sheriff's Department and the County jail. Wisconsin law states that thou shalt not carry in a building that houses a law enforcement agency's facilities.