LC9 solid..

Howard Law

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Thought I would post up my thoughts on my LC9. Its my primary each and every day. As bug, my LCP is in my front right pocket.
IMG_20110805_074427.jpg
. i have out about 800-900 rounds through this 9, and have had literally zero problems. I have never had one round fail in any way. I don't think that can be said about many guns out there. It is totally stock, and continues to amaze me. I have, over the last few range trips, fine tuned the rear sights to where i can consistently get 5" groups at 10 yards. The trigger pull did take some time to adjust to, but I'm completely confortable with it now. Is it my favorite pistol? No. If I listed them in order of "like" I would say
1. SR40C
2. SR22PB
3. LC9
4. LCP
In order of trustability:
1.LC9
2. LCP
3. SR40C
4. SR22PB
If I had only one gun for CC. I would still pick my LCP. I don't think there has ever been its equal for daily CC. Ever. But I love this tough little LC9. What a fantastic pistol. I said once that I thought that the shape and silhouette of this gun is about as good as ever been produced by Ruger. ;)

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
Very nice commentary on your Ruger Family Line-up. Don't own the LC9, but can only imagine it's just like Elsie, only a tad bigger. Enjoyed reading your thoughts! Yogi 8)

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
I have to exchange the SR40c for a SR9c. I've got them all and in some cases, duplicates or triplicates.

There are arguable points leading to the rankings... including my difficulties with the LC9 trigger and having to send the SR9c home for repairs once.

Still, when all considerations are taken, I'd have to agree with your assessment. +1

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Just put 57 rounds through my LC9 about an hour ago. I was shooting about 2-3 inches left at 8 yards..NOT now! Got a 3 " group at 8 yards..I think that I can live with that. What an amazing pistol. I have about 1400 rounds downrange now. Problems...ZERO. I trust this pistol totally. What a pleasure to carry daily.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Trig...+1. What an amazing little gun...it really is fun to shoot, and it's so solid. How's your day going bud? All good over there in GA?

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
Craig.....Got home from work today and started cleaning the guns I shot this past week.... ::)

My Elsie really needed it after those 100 rounds I did.... :p

Starting to get cold here now in GA....Hope to get a nice day soon to do more shootin.... :D

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
;) +1....! We had a pretty good storm here in Utah about a week ago. 8"(snow). Today...raining, and 50 degrees. Utah...if you don't like the weather...just wait an hour..

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Thanks for posting your thoughts on the LC9. I have not had mine long enough to have the total trust factor down yet. I like it so far though.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Get that trigger down BDD...you will LOVE it. You'll have to fight the tendancy to shoot low and left...anticipating the snap on that long trigger pull. As far as carrying the gun...easy peasy. How many rounds through it by now?

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Only a little over 100. My business gets really busy this time of year so I have not had much time to dial it in. Trigger not too much trouble so far since I have so many rounds through the LCP I was already preconditioned to the crazy trigger. I actually think my LC9 trigger was smoother out of the box than the LCP. A mile long....but smooth.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Yeah...trigger is very similar to the elsie pea. I always have to watch the trigger pull on the 2 lc guns after i shoot the SR40C, or the SR22PB. BIG change there. The trigger pull on the LC9 is smoother...+1 bud

M

mukwah

Close to 1000 downrange with my LC9 with Zero problems! Got my trust! I carried my LCR .357 loaded with .38 SPL CD's the last three days just to give Elsie and my LC9 a well deserved break and a CLP soaking! I can hear them Ohhhing and Ahhing all the way from the next room!!LOL ;D