LC9 added to carry options

GA Firing Line

Aimless1

Woodsman
Jan 20, 2013
NW Iowa
I scored a Black Friday deal on an LC9 ($330 w/free shipping) and I'm impressed with its compact size. I've been carrying an LCP for the past year or so, and wanted to move up to a 9mm that I could conceal. You know.....baby steps. The LC9 passed a couple of range outings with flying colors (I'm still trying to become more proficient with it and my LCP). LC9 carries well IWB, which is my favorite method of carry, but still have days when the LCP wins the concealment battle. It's nice to have options!

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
It is a great pistol Aimless1. You will find it carries well IWB, and is a great ...strong little pistol. Has about the same long stroke on the trigger that the original elsie pea has. Does take time to be comfortable shooting it, but well worth the effort to master it.

Kudzu

Scout
Dec 12, 2013
St. Louis, MO
framedcraig1 said:
It is a great pistol Aimless1. You will find it carries well IWB, and is a great ...strong little pistol. Has about the same long stroke on the trigger that the original elsie pea has. Does take time to be comfortable shooting it, but well worth the effort to master it.

What he said. Love my LC9; carry it about 50% and LCP about 50%, depending on dress.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
LC9 is a great gun. I've found IWB with the LC9 isn't far enough off the LCP as to make the dowsize necessary except in extreme clothing conditions.

Aimless1

Woodsman
Jan 20, 2013
NW Iowa
I agree with all.....the LC9 has been an easy adjustment to IWB. Love the gun, and will need to learn to shoot it better. Practice, practice........

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Funny you ask... I shot my friends Kahr last saturday ... who works at the Utah State prison as a guard. Lewis also had a kimber 9, and we also shot my LC9. We both agree that we liked the trigger on the Kimber the most, then the kahr...then the LC9. Ease of carry.. the Ruger. (Kimber was a solo///khar was a pm9)

warbird1

Hunter
Dec 12, 2013
Heart of Dixie
Thanks I have a Kahr CW40 and while at my LGS today noticed they had a Ruger LC9 with a green frame which looked sharp priced at $399.99. I have been researching it and that leads me to another question. How reliable is the pistol with it having an internal key lock? Is that a concern?

Kudzu

Scout
Dec 12, 2013
St. Louis, MO
framedcraig1 said:
Funny you ask... I shot my friends Kahr last saturday ... who works at the Utah State prison as a guard. Lewis also had a kimber 9, and we also shot my LC9. We both agree that we liked the trigger on the Kimber the most, then the kahr...then the LC9. Ease of carry.. the Ruger. (Kimber was a solo///khar was a pm9)

Say Craig, how did the Kimber Solo shoot compared to the LC9, vis-a-vis recoil, trigger pull, etc. I've always liked the looks and feel of the Solo, and the fact that it has an ambi thumb safety, being a lefty....never liked the price, though.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Kudzu..the Kimber was one of the best triggers I have ever felt. Very smooth, and no pre-feel of impending shot...at all. It was also very good to get back on target. I liked the Kahr a lot for the recoil dampening. I still think the best one of the bunch to carry...is the LC9.

Damascus7

Hunter
Oct 15, 2013
Louisiana
My LC9 is my main carry option now. LCP is never far away though!
qujunydy.jpg