Last minute advice needed asap.......

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Wif is going to north Carolina tomorrow to see her ill grandmother. I know that south Carolina does not honor GA permit still. But I want to clarify the laws for carrying in the car in South Carolina. I am aware that it needs to be in a glove box, console or trunk. Does it need to be unloaded with the ammo in a separate compartment? I have looked at the laws and just want top make sure she does not brake the law. Thanks in advance

SafeCracka

Little Bitch
Trusted Trader
Mar 29, 2015
Screenshot City
Zip code
I have 3-4 friends that are SC cops... Honestly, they didn't even know that SC didn't honor the GA permit until I told them.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I have 3-4 friends that are SC cops... Honestly, they didn't even know that SC didn't honor the GA permit until I told them.
Which is exactly why you need to play it extra safe. I have first hand experience with this bullshit. Just lock it int he trunk separate from the ammo until you get out of SC. It could save you a shitload of $$$ and headaches.

Reactions: Cudruln

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I think I will tell her to just play it safe and separate the ammo and lock it up.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I think I will tell her to just play it safe and separate the ammo and lock it up.
Please do. If the cop doesn't know the law, they'll just write a ticket and let the courts sort it out. You don't want that..trust me, and yes...it DOES happen.

Flipper

Hunter
Jun 28, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Zip code
Keep in mind if it is locked in the glove compartment there would need to be consent given to search the car to find it unless there is probable cause. Simply being pulled over for speeding is not enough for probable cause to search a vehicle.

SC Law:
---------------
It is unlawful to carry about the person a handgun concealed or unconcealed except as follows:
Any person in a vehicle where the handgun is secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console or closed trunk, or in a closed container "secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle." The handgun may be loaded.
---------------

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Laufen's reply not withstanding, as long as it is in the glovebox or the console, by the letter of the law it is fine. I have family in SC and visit there frequently and operate with that in mind. The law says nothing about loaded or unloaded, nor does it say that the glovebox or console must be "locked" just that it be must be "closed." I have a kydex holster in my center console specifically for travelling to SC.

Last edited:

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I used to drive to Hickory every other weekend to visit my wife. I always made sure I stopped before I left GA for food, drink, bathroom, gas,etc.... and did not stop till i crossed into NC.

When I stopped in GA I put my gun in the center console and then I put it back on my hip when I crossed into NC.