Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I'll be interested to follow this case through the appeals process... It could potentially deal a blow to that whole "interstate commerce" crap.

That said, I would not have put my own ass on the line- not in this situation.
I agree. Think about the states that legalized Marijuana. They made it legal in the state yet it is still in violation of federal laws. I guess the DEA is not as interested as the ATF when it comes to violations because the fines and penalties are not as great. Also, once again, some idiot had to post a YouTube video to screw it up for everyone!

"What are your thoughts, Hobson?"

Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I agree. Think about the states that legalized Marijuana. They made it legal in the state yet it is still in violation of federal laws. I guess the DEA is not as interested as the ATF when it comes to violations because the fines and penalties are not as great. Also, once again, some idiot had to post a YouTube video to screw it up for everyone!

"What are your thoughts, Hobson?"

I'd agree- but I think the DEA vs. FBI thing is more about the end user vs. the supplier- the way they all explain the war on drugs garbage is going after the suppliers... or so I've been lead to believe. Maybe that's Hollywood's interpretation.

And someone's youtube video threw all this into the spotlight... Time to start being more suspicious of the origins of facebook and youtube.

Reactions: Mac11FA

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I'd agree- but I think the DEA vs. FBI thing is more about the end user vs. the supplier- the way they all explain the war on drugs garbage is going after the suppliers... or so I've been lead to believe. Maybe that's Hollywood's interpretation.

And someone's youtube video threw all this into the spotlight... Time to start being more suspicious of the origins of facebook and youtube.

Clip from the article below. The ATF is also prosecuting Cox (Guy who posted video) and my apologies, he posted it on Facebook. If you have note seen the movie Snowden, you have no idea what the gubment has been doing. Also, if you think they stopped I have so land to sell ya!

"The 45-year-old Chanute resident also handed out copies to customers of the Second Amendment Protection Act passed in 2013 by the Kansas Legislature and signed by Gov. Sam Brownback, and even collected sales taxes. His biggest selling item was unregistered gun silencers that were flying out of the shop as fast as Cox could make them, prosecutors said later. One of those customers — 28-year-old Jeremy Kettler of Chanute — was so enthusiastic about the silencer that he posted a video on Facebook."

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article116276598.html#storylink=cpy

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Clip from the article below. The ATF is also prosecuting Cox (Guy who posted video) and my apologies, he posted it on Facebook. If you have note seen the movie Snowden, you have no idea what the gubment has been doing. Also, if you think they stopped I have so land to sell ya!

"The 45-year-old Chanute resident also handed out copies to customers of the Second Amendment Protection Act passed in 2013 by the Kansas Legislature and signed by Gov. Sam Brownback, and even collected sales taxes. His biggest selling item was unregistered gun silencers that were flying out of the shop as fast as Cox could make them, prosecutors said later. One of those customers — 28-year-old Jeremy Kettler of Chanute — was so enthusiastic about the silencer that he posted a video on Facebook."

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article116276598.html#storylink=cpy

I remember that from the linked article. I'm sure the powers that be will do their damnedest to crucify them both. Which is why I wouldn't want to take their place.... but I would say that they have a valid argument based on my limited understanding- and with my (totally unfounded) hope for the new Executive Branch administration, I really hope they win appeals and the rest of us will benefit greatly.

I have no skin in this game, but would donate money to their legal defense (but not house payment sized money- more like delayed ammo purchase money).

Reactions: Mac11FA

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I remember that from the linked article. I'm sure the powers that be will do their damnedest to crucify them both. Which is why I wouldn't want to take their place.... but I would say that they have a valid argument based on my limited understanding- and with my (totally unfounded) hope for the new Executive Branch administration, I really hope they win appeals and the rest of us will benefit greatly.

I have no skin in this game, but would donate money to their legal defense (but not house payment sized money- more like delayed ammo purchase money).
Consideringredients there were like 7 other states that have similar laws, I am sure that this will be on the front burner for many folks. I am sure the NRA-ILA is probably aware of this and may be inloved. I will check out their website when I get a chance. It did not state whether they were members of the NRA, but I know from being an NRA life member that you have the ability to get legal help from them.