Just ordered a Fenix PD35

Faktory 47

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Just ordered a new Fenix flashlight. PD35 and it has 850 max lumens. :eek: I have an old Fenix T1 that is a great light and max lumens at 260. But even at the 260 lumens it is very bright. Can't imagine 850 lumens from the PD35 with about the same size as the T1.

Old light does not have a strobe so I thought I'd get a new one. The two lights cost about the same, but I get much more for the newer lights. Looks like I will be making me a new sheath for my new light after I get it.

Some details here: http://www.fenixtactical.com/fenix-pd35.html

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
I've had great results form my Fenix T1. Wanted something with a strobe and have been looking around for a while. The PD35 offers lots of lumens at a decent price. Got confirmation it shipped today, so I should have after Christmas.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
I want one...
However, I probably have a flashlight for every day of the month. And each one I get boasts greater and greater lumens.
I'm beginning to wonder if there is any standardization associated with the term "lumens."
850 is aircraft landing lights type off the charts. Retina melting type off the charts. This flashlight is a weapon all to itself... and pretty vicious too! 8)

R

RogueLCP

I have 5 Fenix Flashlights. But I don't have a PD35........ now I'm jealous.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
PD 35 arrived today. I'm very happy with it so far. Same length as my Fenix T1, but thinner and lighter. Same 2 CR123A batteries needed for the PD35 as well. Easy side button to change the power levels. 10, 45, 170, 450, and 850 lumens are the options. I really like the side selector switch to change the brightness levels, very easy to use. For a basic light the 45 lumens works fine, 170 lumens is fairly bright. Both the 450 and 850 lumens far exceed the brightness of the T1 that I have.

It has an instant strobe by holding down the side selector button. On strobe it works at full 850 Lumens and is very blinding. The T1 that I currently have does not have a strobe and I definitely wanted that feature on my next flashlight.

I'll get outside tonight and light up some deer laying in the grass and any other critters I can find. Deer bed down around the property every night,so it will not be hard finding them. If this thing last like my T1, I'll be a very happy camper with the PD35. Seems to be a very versatile light and one that offers great lumen power in a nice small package.

The sheath that came with it is real crap, but I expected that. Good thing I know a guy that can make me nice leather one! ::) ::)

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Trigger_1 said:
Nice review Doug.....How did it go with the critters...... :p

It went very well. The PD35 lights up everything around here. Even at the 4th level of 450 lumens the little sucker is very bright. That level is about double the power of the old T1. The 3rd level at 170 lumens is a very good basic everyday power and has about 8hrs run time on two batteries. That means the battery life is very good. I even got to try out the strobe on my brother. When the 850 lumens strobed his face he said he couldn't see and thought it even could make his sick if I kept it up.

I'm still very impressed with the light and happy with the purchase.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Still use the PD35 daily. Great light. I think the new versions are now up to 960 lumens.